c118d65233cf8d3e760a8ad80f16c121.jpg

990094675bf93858d4195f9a24694987.jpg

ef30e6961228c07878606c3cdd4fe6f2.jpg

f7001f4ec5eec3df73970c1ab15b970b.jpg

4a6a413467f0f8532a7ed34c6b436505.jpg

65b30766e9a4f6b91ac8c54442122164.jpg

bb349d8d764a308a5073fca92bbc9312.jpg

ca4d1093cbc530cf649f957999b66a5f.jpg

Nice shots. I'm guessing you were viewing by the inner loop.

Sent from the wrong side of the tracks.

Except for the wreck, which was at the bus stop, these were all taken between turn 1 and 2. I got some other non-mazda pics from the bus stop and a few from the boot area. My camera isn't great though so getting a good in-focus non-blurred photo is mostly luck.

SHE RUNS AGAIN! Lui from Wankel Works came to my house late Saturday night and after replacing the faulty electronic oil metering pump she runs smoothly. Took out for a quick test drive and DAMN is this car fun! Ran totally smooth at 8psi boost and pulls hard. I can't wait to put in the rest of the RB exhaust that will really open her up the way it should be and make use of the RE Amemiya ECU programming.

f3ggsn.jpg

Sadly not this year. Will not have her registered by then, back to that title issue with previous owner thing. I hope to have ready in August though.

Awesome Josh! Here's to hoping you can get the title issues straightened out sooner!!

Oh yea! I found out the full history on my car and it's awesome. 6 years ago it was bought and shipped up here from TN. Through Facebook groups I found that the owner from TN is none other than Rotary Resurrection, two guys that run a shop rebuilding rotary engines and such. This was his personal car at one point. He rebuilt the entire car ground up after purchasing it several years before that. It started life has a base GTU model, then he added all the Turbo II parts, drivetrain, rear diff, etc. He also bought a GXL model and took pieces from that, power windows, sport seats, etc. So my car is really all three models combined. :) He sent me dozens of photos, here are just a few.

2ibbvxs.jpg

2005pip.jpg

2mh8k5e.jpg

dcr8mp.jpg

I can wait another year Bruce! We should have a reunion at LRP, the 4 amigos. Those were some great times.

Thanks Mark! Maybe I'll make a trip up to see you when she ready for the long ride. :)

Whoa, that is a great piece of history Josh. And even better that the PO sent along pics of the build. Any luck with the title?

UPDATE -- A note from my contact at LRP:

"Hey everyone - there are four camping spots left on hold for Mazda Corral guests. If you want one, call us at 860.435.5000 before this Friday, when they will be released back for purchase by the general public. At this time, we've sold 10 tickets (5 driver and 5 guest) to the corral. Spread the word - we really need more guests than that to make this hospitality work financially and keep happening in future years. See everyone soon!"

Where is everyone? Where are all the regulars? Spread the word! I have around 10 in my posse to add to that, but we're looking sad here, meeps. : /

See you next week! And Josh, that is SO COOL finding that history and pics of your car! Can't wait to see it in person next year! It'll be an epic year with your car AND Bruce there!! But for now, let's focus on THIS YEAR and get some more meeps signed up!!

^^^lol, now kids, you have to play nice.

I went against everything I've been taught over the years and picked up a hitchhiker outside of Lowes. But she was going my way and seemed pretty "chill" so I figured it would be ok.
attachment.php

Latest posts

Back