NEMOC Random BS Thread

damn son, what did you have to do?

Helping on the pit crew for one. Helped move the cars around, drove the one to the gas tanker twice, helped setup and tear down the pit stall, helped tear down the hauler canopy. Lots of pieces in that canopy.

latrine cleaning. lol. jk jk jk. :p

Hahaha...I was waiting to be told to go do that...

pics from this morning...

IMG_4082EDIT.jpg

IMG_4083EDIT.jpg

IMG_4101EDIT.jpg

so my friend and I were talking about this "cash for clunkers" program. Maybe my old truck should turn itself into 4500 off a leftover MS3 muahahahaha

so my friend and I were talking about this "cash for clunkers" program. Maybe my old truck should turn itself into 4500 off a leftover MS3 muahahahaha

Sadly the MS3, I don't believe qualifies for the 4500 because of the mandatory 22 combined mileage it requires.. (EPA rates it at 20 combined, though is far greater. I get 26 mostly city.)

So you would get 3500 bucks, which is still pretty good. But keep in mind, its 3500 bucks thats it. Not trade($)+3500. So if the car/truck is worth more than that than you would be getting less..

Also if the truck is sentimental in anyway keep in mind that the truck has to be scrapped (engine and a few other parts MUST be destroyed according to the bill). So its not likely to end up in another person's loving hands.

But if your truck (registered for the last year) is worth like 500 bucks (has to be drivable) then its definitely a deal to consider.

according to kbb and nada the trade-in on it is like 3500. I would be impressed if i could get 2000 from a private party for it though and was told 500 bucks for a trade-in at my local ford dealership last fall. Hard to believe the 3500 number is accurate. It has been in an accident (minor...which was fixed), the interior isnt in very good shape, it needs new shocks among other things so I would consider it a score if i could get 4500 for it.

Im not sure how the 3500 vs 4500 would work since they have different standards for trucks vs cars. Like on light duty trucks a 5mpg increase in efficiency is supposed to get you the 4500 whereas with cars it needs to be like 10mpg...i dunno what happens if ur going from a truck to a car. you think they would encourage that....

<iframe src="http://www.answers.com/i%20looke?lookitup&css=div.ads,div#headerSection,div#navigationSection,div#footer,table#copyrightTable,p.didYouMean,div#shopping%7Bdisplay:none%21important%7Ddiv#new_left%7Bmargin:0%21important;padding:0%21important%7D" style="border: 1px solid black; width: 460px; height: 100%; top: 0px; right: 0px; padding-left: 0px; position: fixed; background-color: white; z-index: 1000; display: none;" id="ResultBox8"></iframe>

according to kbb and nada the trade-in on it is like 3500. I would be impressed if i could get 2000 from a private party for it though and was told 500 bucks for a trade-in at my local ford dealership last fall. Hard to believe the 3500 number is accurate. It has been in an accident (minor...which was fixed), the interior isnt in very good shape, it needs new shocks among other things so I would consider it a score if i could get 4500 for it.

Im not sure how the 3500 vs 4500 would work since they have different standards for trucks vs cars. Like on light duty trucks a 5mpg increase in efficiency is supposed to get you the 4500 whereas with cars it needs to be like 10mpg...i dunno what happens if ur going from a truck to a car. you think they would encourage that....

<iframe src="http://www.answers.com/i%20looke?lookitup&css=div.ads,div#headerSection,div#navigationSection,div#footer,table#copyrightTable,p.didYouMean,div#shopping%7Bdisplay:none%21important%7Ddiv#new_left%7Bmargin:0%21important;padding:0%21important%7D" style="border: 1px solid black; width: 460px; height: 100%; top: 0px; right: 0px; padding-left: 0px; position: fixed; background-color: white; z-index: 1000; display: none;" id="ResultBox8"></iframe>

Yeah I am confused on that as well. Though if the truck makes 18mpg or less it needs to only have 5mpg or better to get the 4500. So if the truck gets 15 then the MS3 falls into that category. That is if the truck to car thing applies like that. The 20mpg rating for the ms3 comes from fueleconomy.gov But if its really based on the 18/26 that mazda rates the car then its 22 combined, and the truck would have to only at max have 17mpg to get the 4500.

Yeah I am confused on that as well. Though if the truck makes 18mpg or less it needs to only have 5mpg or better to get the 4500. So if the truck gets 15 then the MS3 falls into that category. That is if the truck to car thing applies like that. The 20mpg rating for the ms3 comes from fueleconomy.gov But if its really based on the 18/26 that mazda rates the car then its 22 combined, and the truck would have to only at max have 17mpg to get the 4500.

:confused: lol. duuuuuuhhhhh. way to many mpg and numbers for me...hahaha

Went to swap out the rear brackets today... got the car up, PB Blastered the bolts... went to hit the bottom one with the impact and BAM, the nut that holds the bolt inside the subframe goes loose and the whole f'ing thing just spins. Tried getting in there with a 17mm wrench and holding it in place, but it spins thru that too. Can't quite get at it with pliers. F'ing thing. I just removed it earlier in March too!! Should've put antiseize on it when I put them back in. Darn. I didn't think I'd have to touch them again.

Here's the hapless bolt and the broken bracket:

3653022600_3ab4573a68.jpg

Going to go to the dealer tomorrow and have them drill it out/replace it.

Back