NEMOC Random BS Thread

Drove out to Sterling for a bike ride...

Discovered my race on that same course (in Sterling) is this Saturday. Oops!

Ran a 10k today, in Dedham. Smashed my last time of 55:55 with a new personal record of 50:18! That's 8:06 min/miles for 6.22 miles. Training paid off.

Alsso damn 40 degrees tonight, again?

Spent 3 or 4 hours yesterday with my father trying to remove the cat converter in my truck. It rusted a hole through one end and finally got to the point of obnoxiously loud. The crappy thing is the whole cat unit includes the 2 foot pipe running back to the exhaust and the two ~3-foot pipes running to both headers...the things a PITA to get out, especially since the joints/bolts/clamps (everything!) is fused together with rust.

We ended up cutting it into 4 pieces in order to get it out easier and had to drill out every single bolt (they all were rusted beyond belief). Also discovered that it has 4 Oxygen sensors, two were hidden waaaay in the back where we couldnt see. The new unit only has 2 sensor ports so that should be interesting.

Hopefully we'll get the new one in tomorrow an get my truck back on the road.

I also installed the midpipe I got from Jenn (the one that used to be on her 8)....sounds sweeeeeeeeet.

One more thing...I want to get my windows tinted (finally) before LRP...anyone have any Hartford-area recommendations?

Yes Chris big time news!!! Makes everything all you guys who served/serving in the military worked hard for well worth it! Great day!

Did you guys here about the guy down the street from the raid who was tweeting about it as it happened? He didn't know what was going on...he just heard/saw a helicopter hovering over a building down the street from his house at 1am and started tweeting about the entire event as it unfolded. Once he heard the news about Obama addressing the US at such a late hour in the US and then heard what Obama said he realised what he just watched...

His last tweet was, "Uh oh, now Im the guy who liveblogged the Osama raid without knowing it."

Link: http://eu.techcrunch.com/2011/05/02...wittingly-live-tweeted-the-raid-on-bin-laden/

tumblr_lkjvp6uPuv1qzpdf6o1_500.jpg

morning...i'm beat...and the bad roads in pa, ct and ma didn't help! anyway, well worth the drive! LRP next!! can't wiat...

Here's a joke for Oleg (just found it on the GTP forum)...

A man suspects his girlfriend is cheating on him, so late one night, he hides in the garage to see what happens when she gets home. About an hour later, as he waits behind his car, the garage door lifts to reveal a young man dropping off his girlfriend. As the young man and his girlfriend exchange words, the man is shocked at what he sees...

His rear camber is off by 3 degrees!

Here's a joke for Oleg (just found it on the GTP forum)...

A man suspects his girlfriend is cheating on him, so late one night, he hides in the garage to see what happens when she gets home. About an hour later, as he waits behind his car, the garage door lifts to reveal a young man dropping off his girlfriend. As the young man and his girlfriend exchange words, the man is shocked at what he sees...

His rear camber is off by 3 degrees!

so applicable!

Happy hump day and Star Wars day! (May the 4th be with you!)

In Charleston, SC for the week. I had the best meal last night in downtown at a microbrew restaurant.

The rain is welcome at my house. I just put down new grass seed on Sunday. I'm having issues with the irrigation system at the new house though. Several zone valves are leaking and one valve won't open electronically. Of course the one that won't open is the one near the new seed.

Back