NEMOC Random BS Thread

I can barely hear the beeping with the helmet on. I need to see if I can disconnect that sensor when I hit the track. It goes off whenever I'm on a long left hander because the oil sloshes to one side. In earlier models that light/beep would go off when you were down to 1qt of oil, but in my model year it goes off when you're down to 4qts. So it's not an emergency, just an annoyance.

As for my driving. The first session of the evening was basically about learning the track. I have video but I didn't upload it. Nothing exciting to watch beside early braking and not knowing what gear to be in for some of the turns. The second session I dropped more air out of the tires and the track was still warm. The car was hooking up OK and I set my fastest lap time of around 1:35. The new brake pads were amazing and anyone I let pass on the straight I'd pull back in going through turn 1. The tire pressures had crept back up again so I let more air out. Session 3 the sun was right on the horizon and the track was cooling down. I set my fastest lap for that session on the first hot lap at around 1:36, and then things went south. The next lap I had some mid corner oversteer going under the tunnel and I let a few drivers by. The lap after that I went off track with more mid-corner oversteer. I wasn't on the brakes I just went in hot looking to carry more speed through turn 3 but the rear end didn't hold. I went in for a "talking to" and went back out for some more laps, but at that point the rear end was feeling loose on every corner. When I came in after the session I checked tire pressures and they were what I expected...but possibly too low in general, or other factors like the cooling track, worn bushings, the rear sway bar binding up the linkage, gas in the tank sloshing around, or just plain lack of skill could have been the issue. I still had fun though, and it's more exciting to battle oversteer than understeer. You can see a few times in my videos where I let some AWD or FWD cars go by and you can clearly see them driving way out under power exiting the turns. Top speed at the end of the straight was around 90-95 mph, so running 1:35-1:40 laps isn't bad considering what I was working with. Next time I'm either running no rear sway bar or the stock rear sway bar. Also, Lui has some Toyo R888 tires mounted up that I can try out. He can't use them for his spec IT7 class since they all run Nittos as a gentleman's rule. I think if I up the grip, I'll have to upgrade the seats too though.

Did you like Thompson better than Palmer? Those elevation changes added another element to the challenge! I think Thompson is pretty elevation neutral?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They both have their challenges. I felt a little safer pushing the limits at Thompson because aside from braking into turn 1 there is plenty of run-off. It was also more technical for a slower car. I had a lot of just flat out at Palmer and I was jumping between brakes and gas more at Thompson.

Awesome Chris! Love seeing how you kept up quite nicely in the corners. I'd imagine if all cars had about equal power you would have taken them. :)

I can't wait to see all my friends in a few days. I hope next year I can drive the CX-5 up instead of having to fly.

5 more days.

YAY!

Ill have to tell Tam shes lucky I dont snore as loud as you two.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back