NEMOC Random BS Thread

Congrats Mark.

I too started a new job at our local Ford dealer. Ferrying wholesale cars from dealer to dealer. Kind of fun, old retired guys like me.

Had a blast on Sunday with our first race of the season. I was surprised how well the tires ran considering they were frozen in the shed over the winter.

Nice Bruce! I dont do much driving except for shuttle service a few times a week. Do drive new cars from the car carrier a block a way to the stealership.
No autox yet, June Im doing LRP track nights at noon...,cant wait!

Congrats Mark.

I too started a new job at our local Ford dealer. Ferrying wholesale cars from dealer to dealer. Kind of fun, old retired guys like me.

Had a blast on Sunday with our first race of the season. I was surprised how well the tires ran considering they were frozen in the shed over the winter.

Nice Bruce! I dont do much driving except for shuttle service a few times a week. Do drive new cars from the car carrier a block a way to the stealership.
No autox yet, June Im doing LRP track nights at noon...,cant wait!
Drove a turbo 2.5 AWD CX 5 today, wow!
This eternal blue going to a new owner today!
2ffd96cb12699135f41fa4ab42f9c08d.jpg

Last edited:
Drove a turbo 2.5 AWD CX 5 today, wow!

Im coming up on 10 years with the p5 in July so my car shopping is beginning for serious. I wish I could love the cx5 but I sadly dont, and not only because I cant get awd and manual. Not sure what Ill end up in, but likely wont be another mazda :(

The meet out there is June 8th, so Ill be heading out Friday after a half day of work and just cruise out there. Havn't picked my route yet exactly. Likely I'll take Monday off though for the drive back as to and from will be a bit much in just a weekend.

We still meeting up 6/1???

The meet out there is June 8th, so Ill be heading out Friday after a half day of work and just cruise out there. Havn't picked my route yet exactly. Likely I'll take Monday off though for the drive back as to and from will be a bit much in just a weekend.

We still meeting up 6/1???

Man you must be feeling like Dave Chappell in that movie Half Baked. Secret stash, hands off!

So I think Mahk already saw the videos but I had the Rx7 up at NHMS last week. Still have some hesitation in the tune I need to work out but once i get on it, she goes! Only thing holding me back now is the tall gearing.

After the last session of the evening though, things took a turn for the worse. When pulling into the pits she blew a coolant seal. Couldnt get her to hold water so had AAA tow me home. While I was diagnosing that I noticed a pool of gear oil forming under the rear diff. So yeah, enjoy a video of me brutally punishing this 35 year old car!

https://youtu.be/aMB7J0kmXcw

f4830b094ad5f61e18d19f56d774e821.jpg

415f0cf564f6d576352fd7dc675fbfde.jpg

6f97f15025e51cc614d0837875e808d8.jpg

a01b902cca08a933940faeb4f0bc4c78.jpg

6d8477c75e8c97ec8209f15b045fe78f.jpg

7e79a1f1f47213902e1e139ad0a4fb30.jpg

Dang, is that the water pump seal?
For the diff, it looks like it wasn't RTV'd properly, but that shouldn't be a terrible fix (other than possibly dropping the axle)

No miata driving for me for the month! While goofing around with friends on memorial day a friend and I fell on eachother which lead to a broken foot on my part, he was fine. Heres to hoping to being back behind the wheel of the miata in a month!

Dang, is that the water pump seal?
For the diff, it looks like it wasn't RTV'd properly, but that shouldn't be a terrible fix (other than possibly dropping the axle)

Yeah its the seal between the front end plate and the water pump housing. I know I torqued it to spec so my best guess is that the gasket just failed. There are two washers that go on the other studs...I didnt forget them, but that is usually the reason for failure.

For the rear, it definitely looks like RTV, which is original 35 yr old gunk. This is why I laugh at people paying big bucks for old original low mile cars on BaT. I bought this relatively cheap knowing Id have to eventually go through everything...and that Im doing piece by piece. But I guess those buyers dont plan to drive their cars as hard as I am.

No miata driving for me for the month! While goofing around with friends on memorial day a friend and I fell on eachother which lead to a broken foot on my part, he was fine. Heres to hoping to being back behind the wheel of the miata in a month!

Get well Kyle!

Someone must have got a very good deal! I love that color and wish it was offered on more than the Miata and the CX-3.

Seen any of the 2019 3's in the polymetal grey on the lot yet? We passed one on the road and when I got home I had to look up the color. Even though it's another shade of grey, I like it.

Latest posts

Back