NEMOC Random BS Thread

I haven't touched my miata.. It's been sitting with a dead battery in my garage since November.

That's pretty much criminal neglect.

I'm here!!! Just busy.. Life has changed a lot for me over the past few months.

I don't think I can swing a meet in May with Carlisle and other stuff going on. How does July or August look?

Jenn too busy, lol, as always.

Finally got a chance to clean Mia yesterday. She's been sitting in the garage hooked up to a batt charger since beginning of April. Been using Mary's and Mom's car for transportation. Pulled a lot of sand out of the inside. Probably more there.

Had to postpone moving the RV since the lot is awash in water. But will go down this weekend to clear some branches and level the raised portion for the RV. Hopefully move it there next week.

Mom's still improving but has low BP. They are giving her more transfusions but they say it is common with old people. WIll see her again today as I will attend a meeting on how to get her in and out of bed, a car, etc.

im so antsy for a project car :). looking at NAs, FCs, V70 T5ms (98 only). found an nice miata yesterday but it was sold shortly after I called the guy. oh well

hope your mother gets well fast bruce!

i still actually havnt driven any miata. ive sat in an NA though and I do like it a lot. also found out in moosup a project FC turbo II with tons of work done to it and all it needs is an engine harness. but with all the work hes put into it I dont know why he wouldnt just spend the extra $700 to make it run well and then sell it for way more money... seems kinda odd. but I know an NA will def be a better way to go.

hows everyone doing though!! warm weather keeps coming and going :/

so i awoke at 4 am to a call from our security staff. gun fire, loud blasts 2 blocks from my office. i called our corp staff and a decision was made to call off work...later we would have had to by police order. unfortunatley 6 employees were working already in and are now sheltered in place. the building is secure and the staff have been moved to a secure internal location. they have plenty of food and water (cafe on site, free today!) they are in good spirits and understand the circumstances.
the are going house to house in our neighborhood and have yet to come to our building...crazy day! hard to believe one 19 kid could cause all this death, destruction and mayhem!

the are going house to house in our neighborhood

shred-295x300.jpg

(bang)

I'm here!!! Just busy.. Life has changed a lot for me over the past few months.

I don't think I can swing a meet in May with Carlisle and other stuff going on. How does July or August look?

you going to carlisle? aug would be great!

Was talking to my daughter in JP. SHe was 2 blocks away when the bombs went off during the race. Her hubby was out of town at the time. Thankfully he was back when the lockdown occurred. They are both nervous but ok. Feel bad for what Boston had to go through this past week.

Off to the site to clean it up and build a shed. Hoping to get the rig on the lot next week. Mom's doing great, and should be home by Monday.

Was talking to my daughter in JP. SHe was 2 blocks away when the bombs went off during the race. Her hubby was out of town at the time. Thankfully he was back when the lockdown occurred. They are both nervous but ok. Feel bad for what Boston had to go through this past week.

Off to the site to clean it up and build a shed. Hoping to get the rig on the lot next week. Mom's doing great, and should be home by Monday.
glad to hear both are doing fine bruce! my office was about 1/4 mile from the shoot out and the capture. we had employees that had come in early fri morn that had to shelter in place until we got that ok to leave. we had a tense day...first pic is from our roof top, the sq is shut down with pd and media, the sec pic is the BPD that searched our garage and were looking around from the roof top. the last pic is across the st from my office, you can see it in the background

eastwatertown_zps91c0b1e8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
download_zps8680a8df.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
my office in the background
THP_zpsd21ed2b3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Well it's been a long week. Monday I was not far from the bombings at all. Was supposed to go to the Bruins game but that was thankfully postponed, before then we spent the day in town watching the marathon and catching a movie for Ryan's bday.

Thursday night I was basically at 3rd street in Cambridge the same time that the Mercedes the bombers stole was carjacked. I spent all day Friday listening to the police scanner at work, watched the press conference at 6pm at work, got home to find out that they had found him, 5 minutes later. Crazy.

Ryan and I had almost gotten an apartment on Birch Street in Watertown, the next street over from where he was found.

Nuts.

Plus serious issues at work that's just f****ng depressing. Bike race tomorrow morning and I can't wait.

Glad everyone is safe.

Morning all. Yesterday was a bust. Weather was snow and blowing so the only thing I got accomplished was to pickup the shed and store it at my brothers till spring REALLY arrives. Mia has been sitting in the garage for 3 weeks. Depressed.

Back