NEMOC Random BS Thread

Ill be fully settled in by then so it's always a possibility [emoji14]

p5 was running great after the timing belt change, now a few weeks later I have a ton of hesitation/stuttering under throttle. No CEL is consistent. I can occasionally pull a few pending faults of misfire cylinder 1, 4, or random. Plus a p1250 now and again. Really weird and tough trying to diagnose this!
What are you using to pull the codes?

I'm using MSP as daily now after couple of years sitting in garage [emoji1751]

Spring cleaning late may sounds good [emoji106]

There are tweeks which you can apply through the usb hub that can eliminate the shutting down of the touch screen. I*ve got the hang of the control knob and it is fine...but touch is so much better....You still need to look at the screen so I don*t get it either?
Enjoy the ride! You working yet?

So I tracked down the tweaks but they don't work with the version I have. It seems Mazda updated the security against a USB hack so no updates via the USB anymore. There is a hack thru the serial port but looks too complicated for me.

Taking the Focus in for a bunch of work, wish I had a heated garage. Needs PCV, T Stat, Alternator, oil change, trans flush, wheel align

So I tracked down the tweaks but they don't work with the version I have. It seems Mazda updated the security against a USB hack so no updates via the USB anymore. There is a hack thru the serial port but looks too complicated for me.

Taking the Focus in for a bunch of work, wish I had a heated garage. Needs PCV, T Stat, Alternator, oil change, trans flush, wheel align

If you move back to the USA I can help you with the serial port install!

Well, last day of work at the toyota dealership, off to points south after Christmas, back early May[emoji3508]
82c268138b9253a0cd990026e3bf3a07.jpg

Last edited:
If you move back to the USA I can help you with the serial port install!

Lol Deal. Have a safe trip down and back.

Got all the work done on the Focus and finally tracked down an issue with an engine miss when warm, spark plug coil was bad. Replaced the bad one and engine is purring again. They are the originals so they are 14 years old with 178k on them so they don't owe me anything. Will replace the other 3 when I get the parts in.

Some OG hats right there.

I have 15k on the CX-5 and I already have a cracked windshield and 2 curbed wheels from avoiding debris from someone's trailer, but 54k on the company car and not a single scratch..... =/

Hi-ya!

An early Merry Christmas to all. And a Huyler garage project update...

REPU...still in the shop. Every time they put it on the dyno they find a problem. Its a wonder how I drove it for a year, and yet they cant seem to last 30 minutes without breaking something. First it was the trans, then they were having trouble with the injector connectors, now the Innovate Wideband is acting up. Cant catch a break.

Rx7...waiting to get the motor back from my machinist friend who is fabbing up a power steering bracket and pulleys for me. He keeps saying soon. I hate waiting.

MR2...back from the body shop and looking good in all its primered glory. No more flinstone holes in the floors. The interior is back in, including some modifications I had to make to the seat brackets (if you havent noticed, Im tall). It almost passed inspection yesterday but they failed me on a passenger window switch. Turned out to be the drivers side switch so I had to combine the better switches between two panels to get a working pair. Going back tomorrow and she should pass. Despite failing, I put 100 miles on the car today and have a new list of things to work on. Exhaust is too loud, heater core may be clogged or perhaps thermostat is a little sticky, and brake pedal occasionally drops a little in traffic...dunno what that is, possibly need to bleed the brakes again, otherwise it could be the master cylinder. Anyway, the MR2 is very quick off the line, super nimble, and a blast on the back roads of NH.

fd4a109924feeaf65d03b7533386cadd.jpg

c6514791c05ebb6a747f3b715ea29f77.jpg

ee72a50d36c74ad4d90d833ad8b97639.jpg

Looks like we are all thinking, that engine should fit in a Miata.

Nice looking car Chris. You've got a few projects on the go.

Too funny Chris about the CX5.

Finally got all the work done on the Focus, alt, Tstat, oil change, trany fluid change, PCV valve and hose, wheel align, replaced all the coil packs and she is ready for RallyCross in Jan. She's running like a top. Did I say I miss having a garage!!

Finally having my girls come home for Xmas, Mary is stoked. Should be a great time.

Merry Christmas all!
Chris, Amandas car looks great! So the failed you on a window switch but passed you on the loud exhaust? Seems weird.
Bruce, rally cross? That is awesome! Id love to do that someday!

Nice! Merry Christmas everyone and an early happy new year!

Im off all week so Ive been busy around the house and in the garage. Installed a bathroom fan in our spare bedroom, that was a treat. Easier to do it now while its cool in the attic.

The MR2 is finally inspected. Last minute issue with the passenger window had me pulling apart the drivers side switch to clean the contacts. I also couldnt get the defroster working so I had to make a new cable and bracket so the mode switch would work again. Brakes still arent right so I just received a new master cylinder in the mail. That will go in soon.

Yesterday I worked on the Rx7, parts are finally going into the engine bay now that its all cleaned up.

f48bf61cac42712c07968e56975bba07.jpg

f5a85aee2941219ef883529369891e33.jpg

f82cae2cf9683d03d6cc6cc78332cba9.jpg

8eb131b560227740601eef5f9240e890.jpg

Nice! Merry Christmas everyone and an early happy new year!

Im off all week so Ive been busy around the house and in the garage. Installed a bathroom fan in our spare bedroom, that was a treat. Easier to do it now while its cool in the attic.

The MR2 is finally inspected. Last minute issue with the passenger window had me pulling apart the drivers side switch to clean the contacts. I also couldnt get the defroster working so I had to make a new cable and bracket so the mode switch would work again. Brakes still arent right so I just received a new master cylinder in the mail. That will go in soon.

Yesterday I worked on the Rx7, parts are finally going into the engine bay now that its all cleaned up.

f48bf61cac42712c07968e56975bba07.jpg

f5a85aee2941219ef883529369891e33.jpg

f82cae2cf9683d03d6cc6cc78332cba9.jpg

8eb131b560227740601eef5f9240e890.jpg

Wow, looking good! Cant wait to hear her run!

Back