NEMOC Random BS Thread

I drove a new CX-9 back in September, Chris. I had similar feelings.

It basically felt like a giant version of my 3, which I loved. The problem is, to get all the features and such that I want, it would be darn near 38k, and there is no way I can afford that.

I've been looking at 3 row vehicles recently, mostly because well..... Our family needs more space. The outback and my 3 aren't really cutting it anymore, and come May, they'll do the job even less well.

So I have a couple of options...
1. I've been in love with the ecoboost twin turbo ford flex for years. I can pick up one of those pre-owned for high 20's with low miles.
2. Like Chris, wait for the new Cx-9 to hit the used market. The great and terrible thing about mazdas is that they devalue quickly. You'll be able to score a cx-9 touring for 24/25 within a year and a half.
3. My wife likes the Toyota Sienna........ That's all I'm going to say about that.

So I have a few options, but I think smart money says ride the 3 out for a bit yet. Its only 2.5 years old and has 50k miles on it. She's running like a top and I haven't had to do more to it than gas and oil changes.

Remembering the good ol' days. MERRY CHRISTMAS and Happy Holidays everyone!

Man that was a while ago. I remember driving up there that day. It was just before smartphones really hit. I had printed out driving directions to Mahk's house. I knew most of the way there, and I basically could get to 295 without any further directions. So on 295, I went to grab my directions from the center console.... and I was driving the Miata... I open the center console and FWOOSH!!!!!!! Out go the directions. I ended up pulling over to the target in north attleboro and buying a garmin for directions the rest of the way. I returned the thing the next day.

That story always cracks me up.

what is all this white stuff doing on my poor sunburst!! 4 more days until I am back behind the wheel of it!
15493726_10101106412627509_6536296175289908321_o.jpg

Cold and snow is sweeping across Canada, can't say I miss it. Currently 4F back home. We're in a cold spell now, down to 36 last night and no higher than 50 today but warming up tomorrow. Can't wait till New Years when we move further south.

Cold and snow is sweeping across Canada, can't say I miss it. Currently 4F back home. We're in a cold spell now, down to 36 last night and no higher than 50 today but warming up tomorrow. Can't wait till New Years when we move further south.

im in a battle to try and get my fiance to move to a colder climate. Let's just say im not winning

Thats a great story Sean! Love those sound effects too.

Coming home for the Holidays Kyle? That girl is smart, you have a keeper! ;)

Weve had a couple of cold days here but supposed to hit the 40s the rest of the week. Its a heat wave!

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk

Hey Mark, if you have some extra time time, head down your street and test drive this one. 2016 Mazda 6 Sport
I could go into the long post about it, but long story short after a month and 400 miles I loved this car. It was my "demo" vehicle on Cape Cod for awhile and I enjoyed every minute driving it.

Thats a great story Sean! Love those sound effects too.

Coming home for the Holidays Kyle? That girl is smart, you have a keeper! ;)

Weve had a couple of cold days here but supposed to hit the 40s the rest of the week. Its a heat wave!

We fly back east tomorrow night! Family, friend, and fun all are on the east coast, thats why we should move there! Since you spend oh... 90% or more of your day inside where it isn't cold, I really cant understand why there are so many haters. Even when it is nice out, about the same amount of time is spent inside

Hey Mark, if you have some extra time time, head down your street and test drive this one. 2016 Mazda 6 Sport
I could go into the long post about it, but long story short after a month and 400 miles I loved this car. It was my "demo" vehicle on Cape Cod for awhile and I enjoyed every minute driving it.

I might, but I'm off to NC and FL for a month right after Christmas, if it's still there I'll check it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know a cheap way to ship rims and tires from Oregon to FL? Best I could find was 300 bucks thru greyhound.

Safe travels Kyle and Mark!

Ah, so you are pushing to move back East. During your Holiday visit youll have to do your best sales pitch.

I was going to suggest Greyhound Bruce. Does the seller have access to an LTL account to ship via truck?

I don't think so. I replied that the cost to ship was too much and haven't heard back since. Too bad, they would be a great autox setup, 17x9 Koseis 48 offset with 245 RE71R's.

Might do the Kosei's K8R's as they are 17x9 48mm and selling on tirerack for 130 apiece. Also hearing some good things on the Federal 595 RS-RR. These are cheap tires on Amazon for 120 for the 235/40-17 size and free shipping. I'd love to do the 6UL's with RE71R's but the cost new is almost 2g's buy the time I get shipping and balancing done. I can get the Koseis and Fed's fro just over 1100.

Thoughts anybody?

Ah man, that sux that they are on the opposite coat in an altern ate corner. Shipping will def. kill a good deal on a set of wheels and tires.

Dead set on 17x9s? Guessing so for autox purposes. A guy in te local club has the K4Rs. They are 17x8 though but weigh in at 14.8lbs, which is why he bought them. He loves them. They are not on sale and priced at 199ea.

Sorry, cant comment on tires.

Hey Jeff,

Already have 16x8's so going to 17x8's doesn't get me anywhere. Your correct that it's for autox. I want to run 235's or 245's so I need to go to 17x9's.

2. Like Chris, wait for the new Cx-9 to hit the used market. The great and terrible thing about mazdas is that they devalue quickly. You'll be able to score a cx-9 touring for 24/25 within a year and a half.
Sorry late on the reply, I guess another take-away from my review is that the outgoing model is perfectly fine, and as you said can be purchased for a fraction of the cost. I think I paid $27-28k for mine, maybe less, I'd have to check. It was well under $30k for sure. The 3.7L V6 has got punch that the turbo 4 just doesn't give you. Not that I really need it often. I'll get 19-20 mpg average, not great, but reports from new 2016 owners aren't much better. It's a big car that drives small.

Been giving SCCA road racing a little more thought lately. This year I want to attend at least one driving school and some more track days. I'm going to do some light performance mods to the RX7 starting with the exhaust. For the intake I could keep it simple and send out my carb to be tuned or I could bolt on a Holly or Weber. Long term, I'm thinking of shopping around for a used IT7 or E-Prod RX7. I'm not getting any younger and I had so much fun at the track days this year I want to get a little more involved.

Oh yeah, and there's the REPU. I've got a local guy who's mocking up the intake for me. The wiring is done except for the engine bay. The interior is back together. I should be driving it when the snow melts.

That's all for now, happy holidays everyone!

My sister has the previous model, a 2015 and I agree with you Chris. The v6 had more punch. Plus I'm more tempted to trust a NA 6 over a turbo 4.

The only reason I give the new model a nod is because the interior is just a bigger version of the 3. Everything is where I want it, and I know and love the command system already.

Back