NEMOC Random BS Thread

Need to replace my helmet this year as the 2005 rating is due to expire. Was looking at RaceQuip open face but also saw a similar one from Conquer

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

It's about $50 cheaper, was wondering if anyone had any info on this brand?

Thanks

Either that's a really bad picture with the colors WAY off, or that's a faked SNELL sticker.

Their sticker:

81QsTWPNxyL._SL1500_.jpg

Real Snell SA rating sticker:

sa2015decal.jpg

Mahk came to visit :D

And very nearly took a ride in a flying port-a-john. It... uh... it got a little windy today. I've seen some windy events, but never one where it was knocking cones, timing lights, and port-a-johns over. I'll let Mark tell you just how close he came to being in that one when it fell over. He looked like a man that had watched his life flash before his eyes! (rlaugh)

Last edited:
The results finale of Mahk's Great Southern Excursion.

I had an absolute blast this weekend, and it was great having Mahk down to run the car. Saturday was our Test & Tune event and I only put a couple shakedown runs on mine, and let Mahk take a few passes to get comfortable with the car.

Sunday was the big day. I had 6 people driving it today. 2 per heat, every heat, and the car was simply metronomic in its performance. Here's Mark in the car. Really big improvements in a completely alien environment to him. Yeah he has a Miata, but the Mazda badge is about where the similarities end lol

Looking forward to a few Laps!
Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park; Thompson, CT
April 24, May 15, June 19, July 5, July 24, August 14, September 18, October 4

Last edited:
Me too, did I mention yet there is one at LRP the day before Memorial Day? I’m signing up for that as soon as it’s available, and hoping to hit a few at Thompson and Palmer the rest of the season. Parts rolling in for the RX7. Haven’t decided yet whether I’m going to put the EFI in right away, or run the carb for a few track days to get a feel for the extra power.

It was 70 here yesterday, I took the REPU out for another brief tuning session. I’m close to resolving the stalling...and I’ve narrowed it down to all the idle control features. Normally you would tell the ECU to idle based on whether the clutch was engaged or transmission is in neutral. I don’t have those switches, and as a result, it never knows when to handle those events...so it just stalls when it reads 0% throttle. I’m going to wire in a clutch switch and see if that helps.

Okay well I will definitely do one of these. Just gotta let me know when the group is going. So far I dont have any plans except maybe July taken up by a trip to Seattle at some point that month.

I really want to get the p5 to 250k miles (at 233k right now), but that could take forever with now having 2 cars again, plus likely using the Rav4 on most road trips! Might need to start shopping for its replacement anyway before next winter comes :( :( :( . Really not sure what would even replace it. Ill have had it 9 years and 165k miles!

Back