NEMOC Random BS Thread

Wow, has time really gone by that fast? I remember watching the very first season of Wheeler Dealer when it started. Sad to see Ed go, but I don't blame him for reasons he stated.

Chris, nice work on the 7!

Lauri thanks as always! So looking forward to LRP again this year.

Mark, how about a "Spring Clean" meet this year at your place? I don't have anything to clean, but like many times in the past it was hanging out and maybe help with installs. One thing about Plastsip, you never have to wax your car. Lol!!!

Today's project, pulling all the old brake lines and replacing with stainless steel.

50ec77843703bd3494650182f297b0e9.jpg

e1f56089943d78c5f67f9958662165c4.jpg

93a13ccbf638243be94138a844e8d58e.jpg

7702a3e225fcc19d9da975ea8faa10d4.jpg

Looks great Chris. Pics are so close it looks like your working on a larger vehicle.

Moved from Cedar Key back to Satellite Beach. I forgot to plug in the charger for the engine battery. Went to leave CK and the battery was dead. Tried boosting twice, no go and the house battery was no help. So after a couple hours of charging, some one had a 50 Amp charger that finally got her going.

Spent yesterday hooking up the charger and then pulling the house battery. It was low on fluid and a lot of corrosion on the + terminal. Battery rollout tray wouldn't budge at first but after some cleaning and oiling I finally got the battery out. Cleaned up the terminals, battery tray and topped off the cells and put it back together. Will check it before I leave to make sure it will hold a charge.

Off tomorrow to Orlando to check out a replacement drivers seat since mine is sort of toast.

Ordered 4 Hankook RS4's due in mid April and made an appt for the same week to get the clutch replaced.

Heading out Saturday for the homeland.

I signed up for a HPDE course at Palmer on April 21st.
https://www.palmermotorsportspark.com/Experiences.aspx?Id=div3

I'm also working on getting Amanda to join me on some AutoX events. We're both going to start with this BMW advanced driver skills school at NHMS. Oleg said it is a great way to get comfortable with the limits of the car in a controlled environment.
https://www.motorsportreg.com/event...-nhms-new-hampshire-motor-speedway-bmw-439835

I'm also going to join Renegade Miata Club so we can sign up for the June/July/August events at Devens. It sounds like I can join without a referral because I have a mazda (although not a miata, the wording seems to imply that's fine), and Amanda can attend as my guest. She'll drive her Focus, unless she wants to try driving the RX7.

Also, just a reminder, get your tickets for Limerock over Memorial Day Weekend!

Renegade is a great place to Autox. Never heard of needing a referral unless it's a new rule.

Spent the past 2 days getting a new used drivers seat. The recliner mechanism was broken and the bolster and seat pad we're badly torn.

Managed to get one in Orlando out of an 06.

Before cleaning. Old and new.

Had a heck of a time changing my rear slider pieces as I had some custom ones to lower the rear of the seat.

I am beat.
8d177a05cc0833dff7053d2f860cd230.jpg
d9a482da3a2d0f96ebe49350e164a7da.jpg

Nice job, my RX7 seat may end up looking like that soon. It has a small tear in the piping. I've been looking into aftermarket seats that will give me a little more headroom but haven't been able to decide.

Nice job, my RX7 seat may end up looking like that soon. It has a small tear in the piping. I've been looking into aftermarket seats that will give me a little more headroom but haven't been able to decide.
I've been looking all winter for a decently priced oem seat. Can't have them shipped since they have airbags and most places want you to buy both seats. Not a lot available seats and was lucky to grab this one.

Don't want to consider aftermarket seats as they are even more expensive and have no airbags.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Boy, you guys have been busy! I hope to get back to the MSM Sunday. I've been doing tile backsplash the last two weekends, worked with my son in law on his and he helped with with mine. Came out great! Robin's pleased [emoji16]
1a4255ce100ebf46e953dd88b198531d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice find Bruce! I know you have been looking for one for awhile. The bolster on my DS is showing some wear but no tears yet. Not looking forward to trying to find a dark brown one.

Nice Mark! Tam says anytime you want to come to PA, the door is open. Im far from handy around the house. Lol

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk

Nice find Bruce! I know you have been looking for one for awhile. The bolster on my DS is showing some wear but no tears yet. Not looking forward to trying to find a dark brown one.

Nice Mark! Tam says anytime you want to come to PA, the door is open. Im far from handy around the house. Lol

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk

Well, I have a few yrs on ya!
Wish I had known about this before I did the 5 speed swap [emoji853]
086119aa86ad6a06b1070a867a1b6a9e.jpg

Well, I have a few yrs on ya!
Wish I had known about this before I did the 5 speed swap [emoji853]
086119aa86ad6a06b1070a867a1b6a9e.jpg

Oh yeah, well dont look back....Im catching up. Haha

Pretty cool. Buy it and install next Fall when the MSM is parked? If the reward is worth the work of course.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back