Page 1953 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 95314531853190319431951195219531954 LastLast
Results 29,281 to 29,295 of 29299

Thread: NEMOC Random BS Thread

muffled screams
    Protege5 & Protege FS Moderator

1992 Miata / 2003 Pathfinder

That VC is super pimp

Quote Originally Posted by reut1 View Post
    There is a lot of oil on the tranny housing, so I am not completely sure where that is all coming from.

Unsolicited advice guy here:

If it's all over the top, it's either your valve cover gasket or the Cam Angle Sensor O-ring. The CAS O-rings are a super common failure point.

If it's under the car on the trans, it's probably your rear main seal, which you'll want to change while you have the trans out regardless if it's got unknown mileage.
    ~Andrew
    Atlanta Region SCCA
    114 DP

NEMOC & Rotary Moderator

2013 CX-9

What he said. I replaced my CAS seal during the rebuild. I reused some oil filter pedestal o-rings and regretted it...as they spewed oil over the side of the engine. Replace every consumable part you can get your hands on, that seems to be what Iím learning the hard way with both the Rx7 and the mr2.

Speaking of which, the hose replacement task has turned into a bit of a nightmare on the MR2. One bleeder screw made of plastic melted to its housing. Two hardlines crumbled when I tried to remove the hoses, and the hose kit didnít come with radiator hoses...stupid Chinese kit sells everything in the engine bay as one kit and the two up front as another. Iím not waiting until May to get two silicone hoses so I ordered rubber ones from Rock Auto.

The kit also didnít include heater core hoses. Iím on the fence about replacing them now. Everything I touch crumbles and i donít want to pull apart the dash when i accidentally rip the fitting off the heater core or something. I think I will leave those for another day.

Fused bleed valve

Non original part that replaced a part of the heater bypass pipe which had rotted. The rest crumbled when I tried to remove this bit of hose.

None of the hose clamps were cooperating with me.

Donated: $10

2008 MX5 SE 33Y/2016.5 CX-5 GT 42M/2010 3i T 38L/2008 3s GT 34N

Just when I think that RX-7 bay can't get any sexier, he drops that last photo on us!

And that VC is pure sex Kyle!

Good to know about the torque wrench Bruce.

So how many four letter words were uttered Chris? I know you are working during the day now but have a feeling your neighbor may have called in a noise disturbance after the MR2 fiasco.

NEMOC & Rotary Moderator

2013 CX-9

Hah hah! There were definitely some expletives uttered for sure! Looks like the MR2 will be on jack stands for the next two weeks while we wait for parts to come in. Might use that time to rebuild the distributor and fix the valve cover leaks. I have parts to do the water pump and timing belt too...if I get ambitious.

I took the Rx7 for another drive at lunch. Needs work, but is going to be fun once itís dialed in. I scheduled some dyno time at Flat Out Motorsports in Mendon. They have a load based hub dyno that should make it easier to road tune.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

2003 Protege5, 1992 Miata

Quote Originally Posted by aMaff View Post
    That VC is super pimp

Unsolicited advice guy here:

If it's all over the top, it's either your valve cover gasket or the Cam Angle Sensor O-ring. The CAS O-rings are a super common failure point.

If it's under the car on the trans, it's probably your rear main seal, which you'll want to change while you have the trans out regardless if it's got unknown mileage.
    I did replace the CAS o-ring a few years ago, but there is a fair amount of oil around it so maybe it already failed, again. Or I just got a bad o-ring to begin with. Ill have to find another and replace it again.

New rear main seal to go in within the month when I pull the tranny to put the new clutch in, along with tranny input and output seals.

Donated: $50

2008 Miata PRHT; 2018 3

Needed new summer tires for the Focus. Trying to do it on the cheap. 15" are cheaper than 16" so went to Kijiji, our version of Craigs List, and scored 15" Ford Al rims and almost new tires for $250. Guy also threw in new front brake pads.

Still trying to score a set of used 17x9 rims, with or with tires, but it's proving to be difficult to find the correct offset and someone selling them close to the border. A set came up for sale this week on Miata.net but in SC.

Mia is still in storage, snow is still around the shed and I can't or don't want to bring it out yet. Racing starts in May.
    Bruce
    2008 Miata Touring PRHT True Red, MazdaSpeed body kit
    RB Intake, RSII Exhaust, RX8 Sways, KW V3 Coilovers, Fiaam horn
    RX7 FD Rims, Kenwood DNX7100, Int Wiper Mod, 3M Bra

NEMOC & Rotary Moderator

2013 CX-9

I had to get some tires that were acceptable in the rain for the Rx7. Decided on Vredestein Sprint Classics. They are mis-classed on TireRack as a street tire, but drivers have been using them as vintage race tires. Not a lot of options in 13Ē so I figured I would give them a try. These will go on the stock rims. I still have a few track days left on the 15Ē Nittos but there is basically no tread left.

Oh, and itís official. Iím heading to N.C for Deals Gap Rotary Rally the first weekend in May. Tail of the Dragon baby! Assuming the Rx7 is tuned and ready, I will be driving it down. If not, guess Iíll take the REPU.

Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Donated: $40
    Miata & NEMOC Moderator

2016 Miata Club, 2004 MSM, 2014 CX5 Touring, Honda 1976 XL 175

Quote Originally Posted by chuyler1 View Post
    I had to get some tires that were acceptable in the rain for the Rx7. Decided on Vredestein Sprint Classics. They are mis-classed on TireRack as a street tire, but drivers have been using them as vintage race tires. Not a lot of options in 13Ē so I figured I would give them a try. These will go on the stock rims. I still have a few track days left on the 15Ē Nittos but there is basically no tread left.

Oh, and itís official. Iím heading to N.C for Deals Gap Rotary Rally the first weekend in May. Tail of the Dragon baby! Assuming the Rx7 is tuned and ready, I will be driving it down. If not, guess Iíll take the REPU.

Nice to have rotary options! Enjoy the dragon.....Iíll be out that way this weekend, little get away...heading back home may first.

muffled screams
    Protege5 & Protege FS Moderator

1992 Miata / 2003 Pathfinder

Quote Originally Posted by bazooka joe View Post
    Nice to have rotary options! Enjoy the dragon.....Iíll be out that way this weekend, little get away...heading back home may first.
    Are you down in NC now? If so, come down to the Hill Climb in August!

NEMOC & Rotary Moderator

2013 CX-9

Iím at the point where I was with the truck now. Starts up, idles fine, cruises fine, but transient throttle sucks and it stalls coming to a stop.

Iím scheduled to drop it off for a tune on Tuesday so I think itís as good as I can get it.

Miata & NEMOC Moderator

NEMOC Random BS Thread

Quote Originally Posted by aMaff View Post
    Are you down in NC now? If so, come down to the Hill Climb in August!
    Yes, going back to MA first of May...Ya, I might....youíll have the car up and running by then?
    Last edited by bazooka joe; 04-14-2019 at 02:39 PM.

Miata & NEMOC Moderator

NEMOC Random BS Thread

Just drove this section of the blue ridge parkway yesterday.....in a cx-5....FAIL

Miata & NEMOC Moderator

NEMOC Random BS Thread

New topic, thinking of driving out to Laguna Seca for Miata Reunion in Oct. going to take 10 days +-....Kinda a bucket list trip for me....looking for anyone that would like to join me. You could ride with me too, but youíll have to pack light! We can share hotel expenses so it becomes a lot cheaper....anyway lmk if you might like to take a cross country trip!
    https://www.miatasatmazdaraceway.com/

2003 Protege5, 1992 Miata

Quote Originally Posted by bazooka joe View Post
    New topic, thinking of driving out to Laguna Seca for Miata Reunion in Oct. going to take 10 days +-....Kinda a bucket list trip for me....looking for anyone that would like to join me. You could ride with me too, but you*ll have to pack light! We can share hotel expenses so it becomes a lot cheaper....anyway lmk if you might like to take a cross country trip!
    https://www.miatasatmazdaraceway.com/
    I'd so love to do this trip but I just can't devote that much time off from work, considering how much time will be spent driving the midwest! I should be seeing you in CA though since my plan now is to fly out to a friends place and come down in his miata to Laguna Seca.

NEMOC & Rotary Moderator

2013 CX-9

Hereís a fun video, Iíd suggest watching the whole series but this one stands alone. Preface: Rob is putting a 13b-rew into a corvette and plans to sneak into LS Fest, a car meet for corvettes and people swapping LS motors into other chassis. He wants to make sure he isnít recognized and kicked out.

https://youtu.be/Q9b1_8tXlT0

Page 1953 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 95314531853190319431951195219531954 LastLast