NEMOC Random BS Thread

Got the rest of the motor torn down. Itll be a few weeks before we get it back from the machine shop. Found a local guy who has a customer trying to boost a 4AGE, which has turned into a number of rebuilds, so he is familiar with it. Hes going to tear our motor down and give me an estimate for basic rebuild and if that isnt too much, Ill have him massage the ports a bit and maybe deck the head to increase compression a little...nothing crazy though because we still want to use the factory ECU.

All this soot is from leaking fuel injector seals.

7493bc80026190874ce6d7bf42204966.jpg

The T-VIS system needs some cleaning. Toyotas version of Vtech keeps one of the two intake ports closed until 4,000 RPM. It looks like this was working, but its just filthy from the engine burning oil and the EGR system pumping that soot back through the intake.

b097fcd085f6faebf8aa7333a364bce0.jpg

Trans separated, definitely needs a clutch, the previous owner threw in a new one along with a light weight flywheel.

f3a4f3769c35998276dbd0b1bf2ec828.jpg

Off to the shop, its nice having a pickup truck :)

482d5a3277970ebdc546e80e8b3b4c3e.jpg

2259cad788b0f0fae654d6c1d0d8afe0.jpg

While we wait, were going to clean up all the parts that came off.

Everyone!

It is with the heaviest of hearts that I must announce that the last protege in the group is done with daily driver service.
Alternator believed to be not working (battery not charging), clutch hydraulics are gone and needs lots of pedal pumping to get into gear. Not worth spending money on it to keep as a daily so itll be down while I keep driving miata during summer/fall.
This does not mean the p5 is going anywhere though!! Still staying with me, just won't be a daily any longer. Bought it July 2009 and retiring July 2019 with 247k (173k done by me). Two drives across the country and countless memories behind the wheel of it.

Got the rest of the motor torn down. Itll be a few weeks before we get it back from the machine shop. Found a local guy who has a customer trying to boost a 4AGE, which has turned into a number of rebuilds, so he is familiar with it. Hes going to tear our motor down and give me an estimate for basic rebuild and if that isnt too much, Ill have him massage the ports a bit and maybe deck the head to increase compression a little...nothing crazy though because we still want to use the factory ECU.

All this soot is from leaking fuel injector seals.

7493bc80026190874ce6d7bf42204966.jpg

The T-VIS system needs some cleaning. Toyotas version of Vtech keeps one of the two intake ports closed until 4,000 RPM. It looks like this was working, but its just filthy from the engine burning oil and the EGR system pumping that soot back through the intake.

b097fcd085f6faebf8aa7333a364bce0.jpg

Trans separated, definitely needs a clutch, the previous owner threw in a new one along with a light weight flywheel.

f3a4f3769c35998276dbd0b1bf2ec828.jpg

Off to the shop, its nice having a pickup truck :)

482d5a3277970ebdc546e80e8b3b4c3e.jpg

2259cad788b0f0fae654d6c1d0d8afe0.jpg

While we wait, were going to clean up all the parts that came off.

Looks like a lot of work....[emoji51]

Everyone!

It is with the heaviest of hearts that I must announce that the last protege in the group is done with daily driver service.
Alternator believed to be not working (battery not charging), clutch hydraulics are gone and needs lots of pedal pumping to get into gear. Not worth spending money on it to keep as a daily so itll be down while I keep driving miata during summer/fall.
This does not mean the p5 is going anywhere though!! Still staying with me, just won't be a daily any longer. Bought it July 2009 and retiring July 2019 with 247k (173k done by me). Two drives across the country and countless memories behind the wheel of it.

[emoji20]

Everyone!

Sorry to hear, they were great cars. I still see a yellow one from time to time in my travels around Ottawa. Brings a smile to my face.

Seeing as how I am always full of crap, I'm totally going to try and fix the p5 once more before I give up on it. Could be as simple as the corrosion on the battery terminal to which I cannot get the negative off. Out comes the dremel to cut the bolt!

Actually looking at ms3's for the replacement. 1st gen.

Best of luck getting her road ready Kyle. I think it would be cool if you brought her back as a Field Break edition. Perfect for all of your outdoor adventures.

Best of luck getting her road ready Kyle. I think it would be cool if you brought her back as a Field Break edition. Perfect for all of your outdoor adventures.

the south shall rise again!!!

Also in typical "me" fashion, I will not be attending LRP this weekend. Since my foot is still in the boot and I am down to 1 crutch rather than 2, it would be best for me to not be at LRP and having to walk all around to various vantage points at the track. Completely forgot about the walking around part :(. Luckily I am driving the miata now but it isn't preferred due to I cant rest my foot on the dead pedal because of said boot. Another week and Ill be out of it at least!

[emoji1787]

I feel your pain! Yes, better to stay home and continue to rest. Then again, those AARP members could let you borrow one of their wheelchairs and push you around. Lol. At least you are back behind the wheel of the Miata.

Hey Bruce, saw a yellow P5 on the way home tonight and thought of you.

Can the Patriots stop winning Championships? Bought my son the 5x plate frame for Christmas, then they go and win number 6. Got his updated plate frame today. [emoji16]
f3f4daf1420a21ef0f89d901213a2978.jpg
016a07fb02edb1fb8efee56ad34d4d06.jpg

Also in typical "me" fashion, I will not be attending LRP this weekend. Since my foot is still in the boot and I am down to 1 crutch rather than 2, it would be best for me to not be at LRP and having to walk all around to various vantage points at the track. Completely forgot about the walking around part :(. Luckily I am driving the miata now but it isn't preferred due to I cant rest my foot on the dead pedal because of said boot. Another week and Ill be out of it at least!

[emoji17]

[emoji17]

[emoji1787]

Can the Patriots stop winning Championships? Bought my son the 5x plate frame for Christmas, then they go and win number 6. Got his updated plate frame today. [emoji16]

Im not a football fan by any means but it was such fun while living in Seattle to cheer on the Patriots or just yell Go PATS at a bar. Got sooooo many dirty looks :D

[emoji1787]

Hey Bruce, saw a yellow P5 on the way home tonight and thought of you.

Funny Mark and were just talking about the old P5's today. I see an old rusty yellow one around Ottawa from time to time that brings me a smile.

Great race weekend!

BEAUTIFUL! I'll get back to LRP some day, I swears it :p.

Anywho, I am out of my orthopedic boot now but still using one crutch. I was able to drive miata yesterday and actually do quick shifting in a shoe. Smiles abound!!

This was my alternative weekend though. Up hammock camping in the national forest with friends. Big thunderstorm was rolling in Saturday around 6:30 so we quickly packed up and went to my VT cabin. Packing up a wet site blows so we avoided that!

UyMTx3Dl.jpg

Home for the night
jNeSAW0l.jpg

Where we kept cool during the hot hot Saturday. Only hit about 80 though in the forest and that water was chilllllly!
IgmjyDRl.jpg

Back