NEMOC Random BS Thread

You've had quite a few busy days there Mark! I can tell you had a lot of fun though and that's what it's all about! I wouldn't think LRP would intimidate you though, you have how many parade laps under your belt? lol I know you were going faster last week, what speeds were you seeing on track?

I still haven't picked up a gauge for my car but leaning towards the UG. Mainly due to screen size and being able to read it with my sunglasses on as they aren't progressive lenses. Getting old sucks!

Happy belated Father's Day wishes to all the NEMOC dads! :)

You've had quite a few busy days there Mark! I can tell you had a lot of fun though and that's what it's all about! I wouldn't think LRP would intimidate you though, you have how many parade laps under your belt? lol I know you were going faster last week, what speeds were you seeing on track?

I still haven't picked up a gauge for my car but leaning towards the UG. Mainly due to screen size and being able to read it with my sunglasses on as they aren't progressive lenses. Getting old sucks!

Happy belated Father's Day wishes to all the NEMOC dads! :)

Yes, happy dads day!
The front straightaway/ passing zone about 110...the mustangs and bmws were much faster....so going into turn one was fun!![emoji51] after my third run I felt pretty comfortable with the track....@$225 with my scca discount wont be back till next yr!

Took me the whole front straight to go from about 80-85mph to 100mph. I dont recall getting over 100 but at some point you gotta look away from the speedo and find your braking point. LOL! I should have worn my bicycling heart rate monitor. That would be interesting to review the stats on.

Is anyone going to LRP for the races around July 20th? I'm debating either going to those, or heading down to NC to see a friend for a few days.

Tickets ordered, there will be a combined Mazda/SCCA corral again this year! Cant wait, always a fun time!
83dc3c93ce476508337f30799039763d.jpg

Yes congrats to all the dads.

There is a few of us going to LRP this year.

How much do you want for it Mark? Can you tell me what version the OS is?

Starting a new job tomorrow. Driving for a wheel repair shop. Should be fun.

Ya, I*ll check it*s probably too early a version.....what happened to the Ford dealer?

You can get them updated for a fee, $25 CA. Let me know what you want for it.

Still have that one but the hours are up and down, mostly down lately. I'm hoping this one will have better part hours.

You can get them updated for a fee, $25 CA. Let me know what you want for it.

Still have that one but the hours are up and down, mostly down lately. I'm hoping this one will have better part hours.

So two jobs now! You the man! Ill bring the scangauge to LRP....you tell me what its worth, maybe some Stella? [emoji6]

You baby boomers taking all the good jobs from us millennials! Arrrh! J/K ;)

Got my tickets for Limerock. Depending on weather we will probably just take the Jeep. The REPU is running fine now but I havent tried towing with it, and its not a comfy drive in hot weather.

Update on the Rx7. I took it to a Track night last month at NHMS and on the final cool down lap of the evening I blew out a coolant seal between the block and water pump housing. Tried to top off the radiator but it wouldnt hold so AAA towed me home. I ran into the SCCA IT7 crew and one of the guys lent me a different intake manifold to try. Instead of wrapping around, this one goes straight in. It puts the injectors closer to the intake ports which helps a lot with idle. It should kill the low end torque even more, but allow it to rev higher. Butt dyno confirms its gutless below 5,000 and screaming over 7,000. Gotta get it back on the real dyno to confirm.

1ec83aca2cb0848b983306f0d02e4504.jpg

You baby boomers taking all the good jobs from us millennials! Arrrh! J/K ;)

I know right?! So selfish.

Your RX7 build makes me want to spend so much money that I dont have on the miata or in buying my p5 replacement. Gotta stop coming here.

i just wanna drive mine again

Ya, I have an awesome job! 3 days a week, 4.5 hrs a day....making play money.....I dont miss my career job, certainly dont miss the commute!
Looking forward to family visit the next 3 weeks...moms here for the summer, daughter & the 3 little guys...not much Miata time, but thats ok....LRP is right around the corner!

I love listening to the kids whine.

So far so good with the new job. Not hard just need to be careful with the finished rims. Chevy van with AC and mostly city driving, dealerships and body shops. 5-7 hours a day, earliest start is 10am, usually done by 4-5pm.

Autox tomorrow and then taking the 3 to Montreal to see a buddy and check the hwy MPG.

Have a good weekend everyone.

hey my job is "great". My commute is 3.5 miles, i get paid handsomely, benefits are unreal. Just the work itself is rather boring and rarely do I do any design or true engineering. We get summer hours until labor day (work four 9 hour days then one 4 hour on Friday), so im out at noon and off to VT!

The main thing Ill complain about is how my wife graduates from dental school 330k in the hole while dentists who are in their 60s now or later graduated owing 5-10k. Very big difference since schools are just a business now. Can't wait to have our fun once she is done paying it back.

I think she mentioned the incoming class of 2021 (when she graduated in 2017) were going to owe 100k more over the course of their degree at University of Washington. Just insane.

Last edited:
Holy loans Kyle! That is crazy.

Let's be honest though, can Mark and Bruce really say that they are "working"? Lol. I got nothing but love, you did your time and now you can do something you enjoy vs. punching the clock for "the man". I hope to be there myself one day.

I enjoy my job and the commute isn't too bad, 20 miles door to door. Lease in the main building on our campus is up in 2022 and we know they aren't renewing it. But the building I am in is owned by the company as-is the land so hoping that might mean we will stay where we are.

Sorry to hear about the car Chris. #that racecar life

Latest posts

Back