NEMOC Random BS Thread

I wanna drive my miata!!!! Foot looks more like a regular foot these days in the morning, but by days end its a balloon again since I cant elevate above my heart while at work sadly. 26 days until I may get behind the wheel again at least. Driving automatic sucks!

I wanna drive my miata!!!! Foot looks more like a regular foot these days in the morning, but by days end its a balloon again since I cant elevate above my heart while at work sadly. 26 days until I may get behind the wheel again at least. Driving automatic sucks!

Yikes! Patience young man! [emoji6]

Just arrived at the hotel, raining Japanese and British sports cars!
1adff69a13c78052f6095f23eff80497.jpg

Like Mark said, be patient.

At least you can drive an automatic. Last year, I couldn't drive at all for several weeks. Now that sucks!

Is tgete anyway you can elevate it for small periods of time at work? That will help improve recovery time.

Just arrived at the hotel, raining Japanese and British sports cars.

Aw man, that sucks. Hope the weather clears up for tomorrow!

Just got back from VA, great trip even though the weather was kinda wet.
d252ace9c0ee83f172371f94c8f88852.jpg

564a0844b8fdf5cced1a4ef415465b85.jpg

58f0cc101e2f23522d235dc3e6534c5a.jpg

3ccff7622abd9a5f29fdf66ac19b8619.jpg

Great cars, good people and got to meet the father of the Miata design!

Last edited:
Looks like a great time Mark! I was torn between doing the Ohio cruise or the Moss miata cruise, but then my injury said no to both.

Instead we took the rav4 up to the national forest in VT for some much needed forest time

eEy8b4Il.jpg

iQyVFNOl.jpg

Looks like a great time Mark! I was torn between doing the Ohio cruise or the Moss miata cruise, but then my injury said no to both.

Instead we took the rav4 up to the national forest in VT for some much needed forest time

eEy8b4Il.jpg

iQyVFNOl.jpg

Nice Kyle! Great looking dog!

So guy I work with is selling his stock NB.
SE 1/98
Black tan
New top
5sp
Brakes
Timing
No body rot

Awesome! You're gonna love it! Some tips...
Turn 1 is a double apex. Some drivers are gonna be out in the marbles upon entry, don't follow them. You need to be turning in at the bridge so you can hit that first apex as you trail brake and go wide after it to setup for the second apex. Late apex on the left hander so your car is parallel with the left side of the track, this will allow you to go flat out through the next turn and down the no name straight. Slight lift entering the uphill, it will catch you slow you down...but the most important part of the lap is coming. Keep that steering wheel dead straight as you crest the hill! West bend is kind of an early apex because there's run-off, and then comes the downhill...well you'll work on that each lap until you get to the point where you don't brake, and eventually barely lift. Good luck!

Last edited:
All I can say is wow, much respect for all the racers that run this track! Well, by time the third session I finally figured out where I should be on all my turn ins. Often I was carry to much speed (I know its a Miata) into the turns....but I figured that out too. I kept reading what you said and for sure you were correct....keeping the wheel straight at the top of the hill.....It felt like the car was lifting?
I can see were the 19 Miata and the extra 26 horses and the higher redline would be helpful on the track......but still, this was such a blast! I did have a couple of cars that probably should have been in the advanced group, and one 2008 mazda 3 that shouldnt have been out there at all.

Yeah, You might not get air at the speeds you were traveling but youll certainly unload the rear suspension enough to cause a problem if you still have the wheel cocked. The turns are so big and fast compared to the other tracks we run its easy to get lost. Glad you enjoyed it!

Yeah, You might not get air at the speeds you were traveling but youll certainly unload the rear suspension enough to cause a problem if you still have the wheel cocked. The turns are so big and fast compared to the other tracks we run its easy to get lost. Glad you enjoyed it!

I wish I had had one more run....I was a bit intimidated by those turns! [emoji6]

Sounds like a good time Mark.

Need a gauge pack for the 3. Scangauge is getting expensive here. Anyone try the Ultragauge?

Back