NEMOC Random BS Thread

If I end up moving back to CT and my p5 makes it, we may end up turning it into a ute like their WRX
I know Chris mentioned the P5 truck but I was thinking of the Field Break edition.
So, it looks like the new 3 (2014) will be traded in for a 2016.5 CX-5 GT. (This will be my 5th Mazda....)

I have needed the hauling room as of late. I love my little 3 and it is the unicorn model and year, but I am staying with the Mazda family. This is mostly because I have been treated so well and I have a great family/friends.

I can't wait to see you all for LRP. I am hashing out the final logistics for this year.

On a complete side note, I will be done with my BS at the end of the fall. BS in Electronics and Instrumentation.
You wont be disappointed. Tam has been loving hers and moved up from a 2010 3.
6e84c50c9f2daf3da1ce92c5b49f904a.jpg

Lemme guess, Soul Red? Haha

Speaking of cars, Ive started casually looking for our son. Found an RX8 about an hour away.

Cons - auto, 2004, 141K miles, 7 previous owners, rear bumper cover damage, modified and doesnt look to be in the good way, price, first rotary experience...potential nightmare

Pros - price $1995, first rotary experience...great learning adventure for us both, black leather interior appears to be in great shape, Winning Blue, can modify our way

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk

So I drove a 16 cx5 get for the last 10 days (had my 15 in the shop trying to find a parasitic drain on the battery) I'm In love! I think I may need to talk upgrading with the dealer next time I'm down their way!! [emoji6]

Andrew, next time you're at piggly wiggly can you pick me up a six pack please, thanks! [emoji12]
f8b3099ccbed5eea62d1e47dfc9e90b3.jpg

Last edited:
So I've been watching the Roadkill series that Chris mentioned. Kind of Jackass meets Top Gear.

I'm amazed and horrified with each episode, looking to see if they live to make another video.

Starting to look at clutches. I think the springs are done in the disc, no noise but some slop. FM Stage 1 Happy meal looks to be the best value for the buck. Anyone have opinions?

So I've been watching the Roadkill series that Chris mentioned. Kind of Jackass meets Top Gear.

I'm amazed and horrified with each episode, looking to see if they live to make another video.

Roadkill and Dirt Every Day are 2 of my kids' favorite shows (and mine). F&F rule. Also Mighty Car Mods :D

Finally got back to working on the MSM.....got the crank seal out after about an hour. Needed to make sure I didn't do any damage to the crank getting it out. What a PITA! Cam seals tomorrow! Hope to get her ready for some autox this spring!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice, putting that lift to use!

I pulled a P2177 code last weekend. Popped the hood and found one of the MAF screws was backed almost all the way out. When I say backed, I mean that I more than likely forgot to tighten it down when installing the CAI! Doh.

Nice, putting that lift to use!

I pulled a P2177 code last weekend. Popped the hood and found one of the MAF screws was backed almost all the way out. When I say backed, I mean that I more than likely forgot to tighten it down when installing the CAI! Doh.

At least you caught it.

Bruce

Hi gang! I'll finally register and drive my RX-7 in a month. So excited to get her on the road at last. Before I do, I'm purchasing a set of authentic Desmond Regamaster wheels from a friend next weekend. Here is a Photoshop of the wheels on my car. Hope we can meet up this Spring before LRP.

4g6yzb.jpg

Indeed Bruce. Thinking that was the fix as it hasnt come back on. If it does Ill clean the MAF and check for other leaks.

Thats awesome Josh! Car is going to look great with those wheels!

Hi gang! I'll finally register and drive my RX-7 in a month. So excited to get her on the road at last. Before I do, I'm purchasing a set of authentic Desmond Regamaster wheels from a friend next weekend. Here is a Photoshop of the wheels on my car. Hope we can meet up this Spring before LRP.

4g6yzb.jpg

I like!!!!!!

7 owners on a '04 RX8? Methinks car has major issues...like runs fine, refuses to hot start leaving you stranded. Get an FB instead (unless the no airbags thing is an issue).

Congrats on the new wheels Chris!

I just placed an order for go fast parts for the RX7. Header/Exhaust, racing Beat air cleaner, stainless brake lines, new fuel filter (hoping that solves the hesitation after two gears at WOT). Who wants to stop by for an install day?

Country AND Western? :D

Does that mean it drives itself and empties your bank account.

Bruce

Y'all are brutal!

7 owners on a '04 RX8? Methinks car has major issues...like runs fine, refuses to hot start leaving you stranded. Get an FB instead (unless the no airbags thing is an issue).

Congrats on the new wheels Chris!

I just placed an order for go fast parts for the RX7. Header/Exhaust, racing Beat air cleaner, stainless brake lines, new fuel filter (hoping that solves the hesitation after two gears at WOT). Who wants to stop by for an install day?

I would agree. I actually found it online at a USAA certified car dealer. Seemed strange they'd be offering a 2K car with that mileage? A free Carfax was available and there were numerous entries for having the ignition system checked, etc. That along with the mileage and overall exterior condition told me to walk away fast. No airbags would be an issue with insurance. Meaning the rates would probably be higher seeing they are not equipped. Then again, I could make him primary driver on the Miata and myself on the FB.

Nice list of parts you have coming in! If I was closer I'd stop in for sure....to hand you tools. :)

Back