NEMOC Random BS Thread

High of 38 today but supposed to break 50 tomorrow. Much welcone after these freezing tenps weve been having. The wind isnt helping either.

The 24 is the end of Jan. Did an Autox in tavares FL yesterday. Another in DeLand FL this weekend.

Looks like a great find Chris.
Yes it is. For whatever reason i wasnt even thinking of the dates. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Yes grasshopper! [emoji6]

aBckD5u.gif

MAAAAN I hope it warms up by then (rlaugh)

Last edited:
Probably come down Friday night on the 16th , race sat.? Ok with you.

In March? That... will be troublesome because we don't have an event that weekend.

We've got:
Test n Tune - Sat. Feb 17 (I'll be doing Annual Tech all day, not sure the car will be running on that day yet)
Points 1 - Sun. Feb 18
Points 2 - Sun. March 11

Even though I am loving winter, I'm getting quite antsy for spring now that I have the miata back

guess I can't use google photos for linking on forums!

I think I have fixed the above above one to work. But anyway it is a 2006 Rav4 with the V6. The car definitely is a sleeper with its power.

Started looking at track day prices/schedules for Lime Rock for this season, really hoping to take the sunburst out for one.

I was checking out the schedules for COMSCC and SCDA yesterday. SCDA has a discount day for Mazda in May...
https://www.scda1.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/2018-SCDA-SCHEDULE.pdf

COMSCC doesn't have any events at Limerock but I think their points structure is pretty cool. It would put my RX7 in a class with NA/NB Miatas, but I'm given more points to add changes to the car. Even with a street port, I have points left over for other goodies.

Speaking of street ports, Lui is opening up that motor today. We're sending the rotors and eshaft out to get balanced while he ports the plates and housings. He's trying to convince me to throw miata gears in the transmission and put a 4.77 out back. It'll basically leave 1st and 2nd gear unchanged but compress 3rd 4th and 5th into the current range I have for 3rd and 4th. Essentially, no more overdrive. I'm on the fence, I'm sure it'll be great for the track but it works out to cruising at 4,000 RPM on the highway instead of 3,000 RPM.

I was checking out the schedules for COMSCC and SCDA yesterday. SCDA has a discount day for Mazda in May...
https://www.scda1.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/2018-SCDA-SCHEDULE.pdf

COMSCC doesn't have any events at Limerock but I think their points structure is pretty cool. It would put my RX7 in a class with NA/NB Miatas, but I'm given more points to add changes to the car. Even with a street port, I have points left over for other goodies.

Speaking of street ports, Lui is opening up that motor today. We're sending the rotors and eshaft out to get balanced while he ports the plates and housings. He's trying to convince me to throw miata gears in the transmission and put a 4.77 out back. It'll basically leave 1st and 2nd gear unchanged but compress 3rd 4th and 5th into the current range I have for 3rd and 4th. Essentially, no more overdrive. I'm on the fence, I'm sure it'll be great for the track but it works out to cruising at 4,000 RPM on the highway instead of 3,000 RPM.

I saw that discount for Mazdas in may but it is for the 2 day event and I likely wouldnt do that. Sounds like a bunch of money to race for 2 days! Looking forward to a few autox days again this season at least.

Well that includes instruction and classroom sessions, but you really can’t beat the SCCA TNIA for $149. Not as much seat time as these others, but definitely worth it. I honestly don’t think there is a cheap way to get on Limerock though. I recall events like these costing $1000/day in the past.

Back