Page 1944 of 1944 FirstFirst ... 9441444184418941934194219431944
Results 29,146 to 29,157 of 29157

Thread: NEMOC Random BS Thread

Donated: $40
    Miata & NEMOC Moderator

2016 Miata Club, 2004 MSM, 2014 CX5 Touring, Honda 1976 XL 175

Quote Originally Posted by chuyler1 View Post
    Congrats on the new wheels Bruce.

A little update on my projects for those not on Social Media...

MR2: still waiting on body work, maybe next week, it also will need a new timing belt, cam seals, and valve seals. Iím debating just taking the head off and sending it out to be professionally rebuilt, maybe a port job and new cam. The alternative is using a rope and shoving it through the spark plug hole until it fills the chamber and prevents the valves from moving while I replace the seals. I did get the exhaust sorted though, with some used parts and a new mid pipe and cat to go with a used TRD header...

REPU: The tuning shop broke the transmission on the dyno, it is stuck in 3rd gear due to failing linkage most likely. I sourced a 5 speed replacement that has turned into a bit of a saga. The first trans that arrived was not a 5speed. Seller sent the wrong one. The second trans that arrived was a bit of a mess and the lower shaft appeared to be sticking out too far. They were thinking I needed a different bellhousing. After numerous queries to old school guys I finally convinced the shop to just tap the shaft with a rubber mallet to see if it had some play. It did, and my bell housing is going to fit just fine after all. Theyíre waiting on a replacement throwout bearing and it should be back together next week. Just in time for me to store it for the winter.

Rx7: Iím part way through pulling the motor. The engine bay is pretty grimy the closer I look at it. It appears some of the common seals have finally given out on the old motor. Donít care though, as I have the new street ported 12a ready to go in. Iím actually going to drop the motor off with a friend this weekend so he can make me some custom power steering pulleys. I plan to run a gilmer drive belt for the alternator and water pump but it is wider than the stock pulley so the p/s pump and tensioner donít line up. I considered ditching the whole system but I kind of like having p/s for daily driving. The other option is a custom bracket. My friend has a machine shop in his basement and can probably do both. So Iím just going to drop the motor off and let him have some fun.

Great update! Glad to hear the tranny issue got worked out!

Miata & NEMOC Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Reitrof View Post
    Picked up a new car for Mary, 2018 Mazda 3 GS, mid level trim in Canada. My 1st Canadian car since 1992.
    Since 91, awesome! Pic?
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Miata & NEMOC Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by reut1 View Post

The meet may not have happened due to too much traveling, but at least I got the p5 running again last week! At 241k and still climbing away
    Whoa!
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Donated: $50

2008 Miata PRHT

Quote Originally Posted by bazooka joe View Post
    Since 91, awesome! Pic?
    Nothing yet. Eternal Mica Blue hatchback with auto. Very nice car but haven't pushed it yet. Auto has a sport mode which holds the revs and will downshift when braking. Also a manual mode which will run to the rev limit and stay without bumping to the next gear, tried this on a demo not Mary's, yet.

2 gripes so far, switch for the power mirrors is in an awkward place for me and the touch screen turns off when moving, forcing you to use the big knob on the console. Why is this so much safer than using the touchscreen when rolling?? Mazda you fucked up there.

Car is getting 29mpg for running around town and short trips on winter tires. Doing a long trip tomorrow and will get a better idea of the mileage. Auto headlights, rain sensing wipers and a start button, I'm still getting used too. I keep pulling out the fob to stick the key in.

I'll get some pics up soon, snow last week and pouring rain this week don't help.
    Bruce
    2008 Miata Touring PRHT True Red, MazdaSpeed body kit
    RB Intake, RSII Exhaust, RX8 Sways, KW V3 Coilovers, Fiaam horn
    RX7 FD Rims, Kenwood DNX7100, Int Wiper Mod, 3M Bra

Miata & NEMOC Moderator

Nothing yet. Eternal Mica Blue hatchback with auto. Very nice car but haven't pushed it yet. Auto has a sport mode which holds the revs and will downshift when braking. Also a manual mode which will run to the rev limit and stay without bumping to the next gear, tried this on a demo not Mary's, yet.

2 gripes so far, switch for the power mirrors is in an awkward place for me and the touch screen turns off when moving, forcing you to use the big knob on the console. Why is this so much safer than using the touchscreen when rolling?? Mazda you fucked up there.

Car is getting 29mpg for running around town and short trips on winter tires. Doing a long trip tomorrow and will get a better idea of the mileage. Auto headlights, rain sensing wipers and a start button, I'm still getting used too. I keep pulling out the fob to stick the key in.

I'll get some pics up soon, snow last week and pouring rain this week don't help.
    There are tweeks which you can apply through the usb hub that can eliminate the shutting down of the touch screen. Iíve got the hang of the control knob and it is fine...but touch is so much better....You still need to look at the screen so I donít get it either?
    Enjoy the ride! You working yet?

Donated: $50

2008 Miata PRHT

There are tweeks which you can apply through the usb hub that can eliminate the shutting down of the touch screen. I*ve got the hang of the control knob and it is fine...but touch is so much better....You still need to look at the screen so I don*t get it either?
    Enjoy the ride! You working yet?
    Great, what are the tweaks?

Still working the lumber job but it should be finishing up this week. Will take a break and then look for another driving job.

How about you?

2003 Protege5, 1992 Miata

so clean 8 years ago, ha!

Miata & NEMOC Moderator

Great, what are the tweaks?

Still working the lumber job but it should be finishing up this week. Will take a break and then look for another driving job.

How about you?
    Mazdatweeks.com check it out....

Iím finishing up at the Toyota dealership next month, after Christmas. Heading south until May!

Miata & NEMOC Moderator

so clean 8 years ago, ha!

Nice form! So spring cleaning meet? Maybe in May?

Nice form! So spring cleaning meet? Maybe in May?
    Ill be fully settled in by then so it's always a possibility :P

p5 was running great after the timing belt change, now a few weeks later I have a ton of hesitation/stuttering under throttle. No CEL is consistent. I can occasionally pull a few pending faults of misfire cylinder 1, 4, or random. Plus a p1250 now and again. Really weird and tough trying to diagnose this!

Miata & NEMOC Moderator

Ill be fully settled in by then so it's always a possibility :P

p5 was running great after the timing belt change, now a few weeks later I have a ton of hesitation/stuttering under throttle. No CEL is consistent. I can occasionally pull a few pending faults of misfire cylinder 1, 4, or random. Plus a p1250 now and again. Really weird and tough trying to diagnose this!
    Coil pack?

Coil pack?
    all the parts are on order. Was tough at first since I couldnt get any consistent CEL, but now I get misfire pretty often. Still looking to replace the car before winter, just not sure yet with what.

Page 1944 of 1944 FirstFirst ... 9441444184418941934194219431944