Page 1948 of 1958 FirstFirst ... 948144818481898193819461947194819491950 ... LastLast
Results 29,206 to 29,220 of 29369

Thread: NEMOC Random BS Thread

  1. #29206
    No words bazooka joe's Avatar
    Donated: $40
    Miata & NEMOC Moderator

    2016 Miata Club, 2004 MSM, 2014 CX5 Touring, Honda 1976 XL 175

    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    wbee ma to NC 2016 Jinba ittai
    Posts
    21,284
    Quote Originally Posted by reut1 View Post
    Well someone must have lots of extra money to afford all that beard grooming...

    as promised

    That is awesome!

  2. #29207
    No words bazooka joe's Avatar
    Donated: $40
    Miata & NEMOC Moderator

    2016 Miata Club, 2004 MSM, 2014 CX5 Touring, Honda 1976 XL 175

    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    wbee ma to NC 2016 Jinba ittai
    Posts
    21,284
    Quote Originally Posted by chuyler1 View Post
    Woah! Thatís cool!


    Progress update on the Rx7.


    Vacuum lines.



    Ignition coils.

    Looking good!
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

  3. #29208
    New Family Truckster CTt3P5's Avatar
    Donated: $10

    2008 MX5 SE 33Y/2016.5 CX-5 GT 42M/2010 3i T 38L/2008 3s GT 34N

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lehigh Valley PA
    Posts
    10,322
    Not really, bought them one at a time during our weekly grocery run. Plus the wife got $1 back on each from her ibotta app.

    Gauges look awesome!!!!

    Very clean work Chris!



  4. #29209
    Registered Member Reitrof's Avatar
    Donated: $50

    2008 Miata PRHT; 2018 3

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Ottawa ON
    Posts
    7,507
    Took the 3 in for it's 1st oil change and an issue with the rear defogger not staying on. Turned out the body control module was bad and was replaced. 1st issue I've had with any mazda I've owned. The P5 and the Miata never had any warranty claims. Apparently this is a common issue with the 3's??

    Another item of notice while reading the manual is that Canadian 3's, not sure what other models this applies to, you can turn the DRL's off. I had noticed that this was the case with Mary's 3 which is great since I hate DRL's for many reasons. I was worried that the DRL's would come back on after the Body Module change since this is one of the things it controls but they have stayed off. Only the dealer can make this change.
    Bruce
    2008 Miata Touring PRHT True Red, MazdaSpeed body kit
    RB Intake, RSII Exhaust, RX8 Sways, KW V3 Coilovers, Fiaam horn
    RX7 FD Rims, Kenwood DNX7100, Int Wiper Mod, 3M Bra

  5. #29210
    No words bazooka joe's Avatar
    Donated: $40
    Miata & NEMOC Moderator

    2016 Miata Club, 2004 MSM, 2014 CX5 Touring, Honda 1976 XL 175

    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    wbee ma to NC 2016 Jinba ittai
    Posts
    21,284
    Quote Originally Posted by Reitrof View Post
    Took the 3 in for it's 1st oil change and an issue with the rear defogger not staying on. Turned out the body control module was bad and was replaced. 1st issue I've had with any mazda I've owned. The P5 and the Miata never had any warranty claims. Apparently this is a common issue with the 3's??

    Another item of notice while reading the manual is that Canadian 3's, not sure what other models this applies to, you can turn the DRL's off. I had noticed that this was the case with Mary's 3 which is great since I hate DRL's for many reasons. I was worried that the DRL's would come back on after the Body Module change since this is one of the things it controls but they have stayed off. Only the dealer can make this change.
    Why such hate for DRLís? I think they make a big difference when it come to seeing oncoming vehicles in the daytime.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

  6. #29211
    Registered Member Reitrof's Avatar
    Donated: $50

    2008 Miata PRHT; 2018 3

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Ottawa ON
    Posts
    7,507
    Quote Originally Posted by bazooka joe View Post
    Why such hate for DRL*s? I think they make a big difference when it come to seeing oncoming vehicles in the daytime.
    I have a problem with using headlights as DRL's. I see so many idiots driving in the dark with just DRL's on. It shortens the life of headlights. DRL's if needed should be the Turn Lights, this is how I have the miata. I've seen some chevy's as well using the turn indicators.

    Also I find that with most cars these days, seeing the turn indicator with the headlight on is next to impossible. I wish the turn indicator would be separate from the headlight assembly. These are just a few of the reasons DRL's should be trashed.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

  7. #29212
    New Family Truckster CTt3P5's Avatar
    Donated: $10

    2008 MX5 SE 33Y/2016.5 CX-5 GT 42M/2010 3i T 38L/2008 3s GT 34N

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lehigh Valley PA
    Posts
    10,322
    I agree with Bruce, the turn signals should or a separate light should be used for them. While I'm ranting, I also don't like how the gauge clusters in some newer cars light up even with the lights off. I see way too many people driving at night with no lights on because of this. You'd think they'd realize when they can't see the road but....

    How was Daytona Mark?

  8. #29213
    zoom-zoom! NETC_Redd's Avatar

    2017 Volkswagen GLI

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Salem, MA
    Posts
    2,924
    Quote Originally Posted by Reitrof View Post
    I have a problem with using headlights as DRL's. I see so many idiots driving in the dark with just DRL's on. It shortens the life of headlights. DRL's if needed should be the Turn Lights, this is how I have the miata. I've seen some chevy's as well using the turn indicators.

    Also I find that with most cars these days, seeing the turn indicator with the headlight on is next to impossible. I wish the turn indicator would be separate from the headlight assembly. These are just a few of the reasons DRL's should be trashed.
    I have fancy LEDs for driving lights that turn off when I use a signal in my Jetta

  9. #29214
    No words bazooka joe's Avatar
    Donated: $40
    Miata & NEMOC Moderator

    2016 Miata Club, 2004 MSM, 2014 CX5 Touring, Honda 1976 XL 175

    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    wbee ma to NC 2016 Jinba ittai
    Posts
    21,284
    Quote Originally Posted by CTt3P5 View Post
    I agree with Bruce, the turn signals should or a separate light should be used for them. While I'm ranting, I also don't like how the gauge clusters in some newer cars light up even with the lights off. I see way too many people driving at night with no lights on because of this. You'd think they'd realize when they can't see the road but....

    How was Daytona Mark?
    Daytona was a blast! The thing is huge! Sunday was a wash out, but overall it was great! Iíll be back next year!
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

  10. #29215
    Registered Member Reitrof's Avatar
    Donated: $50

    2008 Miata PRHT; 2018 3

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Ottawa ON
    Posts
    7,507
    Quote Originally Posted by NETC_Redd View Post
    I have fancy LEDs for driving lights that turn off when I use a signal in my Jetta
    Yes but this feature is on very few cars. If the turn signals were used as DRL's then turning off LED's or headlights would not be needed.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

  11. #29216
    Registered Member Reitrof's Avatar
    Donated: $50

    2008 Miata PRHT; 2018 3

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Ottawa ON
    Posts
    7,507
    Quote Originally Posted by CTt3P5 View Post
    I agree with Bruce, the turn signals should or a separate light should be used for them. While I'm ranting, I also don't like how the gauge clusters in some newer cars light up even with the lights off. I see way too many people driving at night with no lights on because of this. You'd think they'd realize when they can't see the road but....
    Agreed Jeff. I also amazed that in bad weather during the day how few people turn on their lights. I think people rely on the automatic headlights too much. Some states and provinces require lights on if you are using your wipers.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

  12. #29217
    New Family Truckster CTt3P5's Avatar
    Donated: $10

    2008 MX5 SE 33Y/2016.5 CX-5 GT 42M/2010 3i T 38L/2008 3s GT 34N

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lehigh Valley PA
    Posts
    10,322
    Checked into the Club Quarters hotel on Devonshire St around 11:30pm. My son and I drove up for the parade today.

    I wanted to be close to City Hall in hopes of getting a good view at the end of the route.
    Quote Originally Posted by bazooka joe View Post
    Daytona was a blast! The thing is huge! Sunday was a wash out, but overall it was great! Iíll be back next year!
    Cool! It is on my bucket list to do. When I do get there, I will do The Tail of the Dragon on my way home. Can mark off two items in one trip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reitrof View Post
    Agreed Jeff. I also amazed that in bad weather during the day how few people turn on their lights. I think people rely on the automatic headlights too much. Some states and provinces require lights on if you are using your wipers.
    OMG, drives me crazy! In PA and NJ it is the law but I NEVER see troopers with their lights on when it is raining.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

  13. #29218
    New Family Truckster CTt3P5's Avatar
    Donated: $10

    2008 MX5 SE 33Y/2016.5 CX-5 GT 42M/2010 3i T 38L/2008 3s GT 34N

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lehigh Valley PA
    Posts
    10,322
    My son throwing up the 6!

    We were standing on the curb in front if City Hall across from Center Plaza.

    AWESOME!

    Mr. Kraft pointed to my son and screamed "LET'S GO!"! That is my sons finger in the shot.




    Last edited by CTt3P5; 02-05-2019 at 08:20 PM.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

  14. #29219
    Registered Member reut1's Avatar

    2003 Protege5, 1992 Miata

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Wallingford, CT
    Posts
    2,235
    getting there!


  15. #29220
    Registered Member Reitrof's Avatar
    Donated: $50

    2008 Miata PRHT; 2018 3

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Ottawa ON
    Posts
    7,507
    Nice, which car??
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Page 1948 of 1958 FirstFirst ... 948144818481898193819461947194819491950 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. CT Random Thread
    By RenesisKing in forum Global
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-18-2011, 11:35 AM
  2. Random MSP thread!
    By pip7441622 in forum Mazdaspeed Protege
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-04-2004, 10:28 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •