NEMOC Random BS Thread

I am pissed I cannot find the receipt with the part number for the braided fuel lines I ordered for this project. Someone asked if the build was safe for E85 and I honestly couldnt answer because of those lines. Easy enough to redo I suppose. All the fittings and injectors support it. Not sure about the fuel pump assembly though, and Im sure the original gas gauge float wont support it.

Near as I can tell after reading a bunch (of conjecture, mostly) about it, it's the lines that seem to be an 'issue'. And I put that in quotes because I know people who have used regular ass rubber fuel hose for *years* with E85 without issue. If it's anything remotely new and modern you should be fine. I think what happens is if your lines are corroded and old already, the E85 tends to accelerate that.

That said, since I'm starting from scratch, I'm going with 100% PTFE lined hose. The price isn't that much more so, might as well while I'm there. The difference will be a rounding error in the project at this point (rlaugh)

Added racks and tank bag to the bike... waiting on the panniers.
81d46c2a71272739eb3b374a85109da7.jpg
68d31990e41bfed145c0ccfdf4c6e547.jpg
aa5ef03736b3692d3f417ec8b0d36c35.jpg

That engine bay is soooo clean Chris!

C'mon Bruce, a little snow isn't going to hurt.

Ash, the bike looks great! Nice touches and it looks ready for business.

I got a new breaker bar last week when I installed my summer wheels. My torque wrench gave out after 11 years. Lol. Bought a new one at Harbor Freight for $11.99 with a lifetime warranty. Verdict is still out on it.

That engine bay is soooo clean Chris!

C'mon Bruce, a little snow isn't going to hurt.

Ash, the bike looks great! Nice touches and it looks ready for business.

I got a new breaker bar last week when I installed my summer wheels. My torque wrench gave out after 11 years. Lol. Bought a new one at Harbor Freight for $11.99 with a lifetime warranty. Verdict is still out on it.

Not going to dig out the shed to get the car yet.

The HF ones are good, I have 2 of them.

Agreed about Red's ride

Should have gone south!!! [emoji6]

Believe me, I wish I had.

Look who stopped by to turn some wrenches this weekend!

Nice, I hope the beard didn't get in the way.

it's alive!!! Next job will be dropping the transmission and putting that level 1 clutch in. There is a lot of oil on the tranny housing, so I am not completely sure where that is all coming from.
TicLbnd.jpg

That VC is super pimp :D

There is a lot of oil on the tranny housing, so I am not completely sure where that is all coming from.

Unsolicited advice guy here:

If it's all over the top, it's either your valve cover gasket or the Cam Angle Sensor O-ring. The CAS O-rings are a super common failure point.

If it's under the car on the trans, it's probably your rear main seal, which you'll want to change while you have the trans out regardless if it's got unknown mileage.

What he said. I replaced my CAS seal during the rebuild. I reused some oil filter pedestal o-rings and regretted it...as they spewed oil over the side of the engine. Replace every consumable part you can get your hands on, that seems to be what Im learning the hard way with both the Rx7 and the mr2.

Speaking of which, the hose replacement task has turned into a bit of a nightmare on the MR2. One bleeder screw made of plastic melted to its housing. Two hardlines crumbled when I tried to remove the hoses, and the hose kit didnt come with radiator hoses...stupid Chinese kit sells everything in the engine bay as one kit and the two up front as another. Im not waiting until May to get two silicone hoses so I ordered rubber ones from Rock Auto.

The kit also didnt include heater core hoses. Im on the fence about replacing them now. Everything I touch crumbles and i dont want to pull apart the dash when i accidentally rip the fitting off the heater core or something. I think I will leave those for another day.

Fused bleed valve

a8414b0bb38b73b58ed90e6e1b36a66e.jpg

Non original part that replaced a part of the heater bypass pipe which had rotted. The rest crumbled when I tried to remove this bit of hose.

7cbb0a819953091726bbddd8de9d67a0.jpg

None of the hose clamps were cooperating with me.

3fd54639b4c3556271e6511fab088da1.jpg

Back