NEMOC Random BS Thread

The MR2 is back on all 4 wheels, drives great, but still more to do. Failed state inspection because of passenger window not working (already fixed), cracked header (ordering a new one today), and rust (going to get an estimate for repairs on Monday). Otherwise, it’s starting to really take shape. New leather boots and arm rest from RedlineGoods too...

d8a8927ee17197b88f395c077a7a30c3.jpg

76b879d3b43913a90d8f404be3e079f4.jpg

a58c4b5c909d9dc52d85d95e8623ebf9.jpg

f7b56010e3cb1aeb1be238fbd42b78d4.jpg

The MR2 is back on all 4 wheels, drives great, but still more to do. Failed state inspection because of passenger window not working (already fixed), cracked header (ordering a new one today), and rust (going to get an estimate for repairs on Monday). Otherwise, it’s starting to really take shape. New leather boots and arm rest from RedlineGoods too...

d8a8927ee17197b88f395c077a7a30c3.jpg

76b879d3b43913a90d8f404be3e079f4.jpg

a58c4b5c909d9dc52d85d95e8623ebf9.jpg

f7b56010e3cb1aeb1be238fbd42b78d4.jpg

Awesome! Amanda must be proud of her work! Looking great!

From Lauri:

Set your alarms my meeps!!! Parade laps are bright and early!

Here are the times for the SCCA/Mazda Corral parade laps:

Friday
Sign in at arrival at Skid Pad Gazebo
8:50 a.m. Safety Briefing at the Skid Pad Gazebo
8:55 a.m. Cars Stage be at your car
9:00 a.m. Parade Laps from Skid Pad/West Bend Gate
Saturday
Sign in at arrival at Skid Pad Gazebo
7:50 a.m. Safety Briefing at the Skid Pad Gazebo
7:55 a.m. Cars Stage be at your car
8:10 a.m. Parade Laps from Skid Pad/West Bend Gate

Have fun guys, wish I could join. I'll actually be in CT on Sunday, anything going on then? If I remember correctly, I can just drive in then.

Have fun guys, wish I could join. I'll actually be in CT on Sunday, anything going on then? If I remember correctly, I can just drive in then.

Nothing going on at the track on Sunday unfortunately. Those of us still here will probably be packing up and leaving in the morning.

Watching the LRP race on FS1. Not quite the same as sitting on the hill with all of you though.

so bummed I couldnt make it to this climb! I was out in Seattle visiting family and missed out on 3 events all that same weekend!

I went to Thompson. I met this real old guy, said his name was, oh I forget. He had a car like yours so I let him go for a ride along.

First session: Very wet, but the grip was consistent. I ran faster wet laps with my semi slicks than I did with my Yokohamas...but I've learned a bit since the last time I was here in the rain.

Second session: It had stopped raining so the track was drying out. Only problem was that my tires were super grippy on the dry sections and still very slick where it was wet. I had several close calls in turn 1 under braking. Watch closely and you'll see the car turn right as started applying brake pressure. It was like an on/off switch. Needless to say, I'll never go to another wet track day with these tires. I'm ordering some street tires that I'll use instead and save these tires for when I know it will be dry. I think I have at least one or two more events left in them. Anyway, I think one spinout is on the 2nd lap, then there's another very close call in the same turn a few laps later.

Third Session: No video because my battery died. Track was mostly dried out except it was still a little slick on turn 1 which doesn't get any late day sun and a few puddles here and there. I didn't get the tires up to temp until late in the session but I had some fun watching a Miata in my rearview, then letting him by after a few laps and trying to follow his lines. He had way more mechanical grip but was making mistakes so I stayed with him for a solid 2 laps before he got black flagged for reckless driving. I could see what he was doing, it wasn't really called for, but he almost ended up in the dirt twice on one lap and that's usually when they call you in to cool off.

Overall, glad I went despite the forecast. It's always a challenge to find grip in the rain and it helps you experiment with placing the car in different spots to find more grip. I didn't make any personal best laps but I got within a 1/2 second which I'll call a win considering the conditions. Next season I should have the new motor in, plus I'm considering some suspension upgrades to get things a little stiffer and with more camber.

I went to Thompson. I met this real old guy, said his name was, oh I forget. He had a car like yours so I let him go for a ride along.

First session: Very wet, but the grip was consistent. I ran faster wet laps with my semi slicks than I did with my Yokohamas...but I've learned a bit since the last time I was here in the rain.

Second session: It had stopped raining so the track was drying out. Only problem was that my tires were super grippy on the dry sections and still very slick where it was wet. I had several close calls in turn 1 under braking. Watch closely and you'll see the car turn right as started applying brake pressure. It was like an on/off switch. Needless to say, I'll never go to another wet track day with these tires. I'm ordering some street tires that I'll use instead and save these tires for when I know it will be dry. I think I have at least one or two more events left in them. Anyway, I think one spinout is on the 2nd lap, then there's another very close call in the same turn a few laps later.

Third Session: No video because my battery died. Track was mostly dried out except it was still a little slick on turn 1 which doesn't get any late day sun and a few puddles here and there. I didn't get the tires up to temp until late in the session but I had some fun watching a Miata in my rearview, then letting him by after a few laps and trying to follow his lines. He had way more mechanical grip but was making mistakes so I stayed with him for a solid 2 laps before he got black flagged for reckless driving. I could see what he was doing, it wasn't really called for, but he almost ended up in the dirt twice on one lap and that's usually when they call you in to cool off.

Overall, glad I went despite the forecast. It's always a challenge to find grip in the rain and it helps you experiment with placing the car in different spots to find more grip. I didn't make any personal best laps but I got within a 1/2 second which I'll call a win considering the conditions. Next season I should have the new motor in, plus I'm considering some suspension upgrades to get things a little stiffer and with more camber.

Great laps...thanks for the ride along too! Had a ball myself, reLly like this track.

Back