2004 MS3 power gains

2004-MS3

Hey guys, i was wanting to get some decent power gains in my 2004 Mz3 2.3L 5-door. I was thinking about going with a Speed3 intake and exhaust. Anyone else have some somewhat cheap ideas? Thanks

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums. :) Do you have a MS3 or regular Mz3? Chances are if its a 2004 3 then its a regular 3.

When it comes to an Intake, are you interested in a CAI or SRI?

Oh it is a normal Mz3 2.3l. Prob SRI, i have heard the installation is easier. Which do you think would give better overall performance?

Last edited:
Well I'm not familiar with the overall performance of SRI but you do have a nice selection to choose from. Simota Twin Charger, WeaponR Dragon Intake and several others..The installation for the SRI and CAI sould be th same.

its not the same akaveli... with an sri you don't have to remove the plumbing from inside the front fender with a cai you do need to remove it. i have done some temp readings with my data logger and at speed compared to cai the simota carbon fiber sri was the same % above ambient that the average was for all the cai. now at a stop the sri was a lot higher temp then a cai...

i also believe the twin charger is a cai

i think you lost your mazda fu my man... ??

its not the same akaveli... with an sri you don't have to remove the plumbing from inside the front fender with a cai you do need to remove it. i have done some temp readings with my data logger and at speed compared to cai the simota carbon fiber sri was the same % above ambient that the average was for all the cai. now at a stop the sri was a lot higher temp then a cai...

i also believe the twin charger is a cai

i think you lost your mazda fu my man... ??

Oh ok, I didn't know that about the SRI and the CAI.

I lost my what?!

Last edited:
Hehe i used to have the Weapon R short ram (Secret Weapon).
It was ok...but then i decided to go with the AEM CAI. I feel the preformance is better...better throttle response than the sri had. AND MAN DOES IT SOUND SEXIER!!!!

Back