Mazdaspeed2oo35 Engine Build Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since all of the FSDE gurus are here, I had a quick question. I remember one of the guys one here that had his FSDE built and also got it sleeved. Now this was the first time I have heard of anyone ever sleeving the FSDE, so me being curious I asked why. The response was because the stock block is NOT tapered. Your thoughts please.

Since all of the FSDE gurus are here, I had a quick question. I remember one of the guys one here that had his FSDE built and also got it sleeved. Now this was the first time I have heard of anyone ever sleeving the FSDE, so me being curious I asked why. The response was because the stock block is NOT tapered. Your thoughts please.

ignorance... most of this is it.

ignorance... most of this is it.

I was hoping for a little more detail. Why do people taper their blocks, what are the pros/cons. Further explanation on the re-sleaving is to prevent piston slap as oem cylinders are not tapered.Plus that FSDE made 330whp at 12psi, which is not bad.

Last edited:
seriously, how much does a bare block weigh?

Can't weigh all that much seeing as I am able to pick up a complete motor and carry it from the front of the house all the way to the shed out back...

Also to the OP, just a suggestion, but have you checked out club323f...

Miguel I think it's totally awesome but hilarious that you're doing all this. Awesome that you took an MSP (I <3 mine) and made it into a monster, but hilarious that you still think it is considered a DD. Also, I would like to point out that I would never want to compare myself to a Puerto Rican as far as who has the cooler car, since most of the cars they get a hold of turn out like this:

663dd008.jpg

IMO you have already beaten them by keeping your appearance mods tasteful.

(fu) i took that offensivly.. my cars dont look like that..

Any way

have you tired asking the machine shop for a block?? since the have sleeved these motors before from a 626 and probe as you say... im more then shure they can find you a block..

Last edited:
(fu) i took that offensivly.. my cars dont look like that..

Any way

have you tired asking the machine shop for a block?? since the have sleeved these motors before from a 626 and probe as you say... im more then shure they can find you a block..

Lets try not to make this thread become a s*** storm again. Im sure he is messing around.

i was just seeing what miguel had been up too.. an i ran in to that race card did not need to be played... that kid can jump off a bridge and his ugly msp can follow him..

i was just seeing what miguel had been up too.. an i ran in to that race card did not need to be played... that kid can jump off a bridge and his ugly msp can follow him..

how is it playing a race card...there was nothing racial there. He was simply indicating that generally speaking, tuners out of PR like the bling....(and more often then not, turn out rather ugly looking rides...)

I told you, calm down. Im sure Rick was just messing around. If you have a problem PM me or any other mod. Other than that leave it out of this thread!

seriously, the NEXT post after SeR_Cyclops says to keep things civil and thats what you post up?

Any further flametory posts in here will start resulting in infractions VERY quickly, so lets all play nice!

LOL don't worry, I do not go out of my way to make fun of any particular race. I make fun of all people equally.

Was actually trying to make Miguel feel a little better so maybe he would give us another... update?

Lets try this one more time. Lets try and make this thread both informative and civil.

Since all of the FSDE gurus are here, I had a quick question. I remember one of the guys one here that had his FSDE built and also got it sleeved. Now this was the first time I have heard of anyone ever sleeving the FSDE, so me being curious I asked why. The response was because the stock block is NOT tapered. Your thoughts please. Why do people taper their blocks, what are the pros/cons. Further explanation on the re-sleaving is to prevent piston slap as oem cylinders are not tapered. Plus that FSDE made 330whp at 12psi, which is not bad.

if you have a topic to start, start it... you're threadjacking a build thread.

actually on that topic... miguel, seeing as you're effectively on round 3 of this build, would you wanna lock this down and start a new thread for this next build? I'm hoping a fresh start will get this topic back where it belongs. it seems this has just become a shitstorm of a thread.

Last edited:
if you have a topic to start, start it... you're threadjacking a build thread.

actually on that topic... miguel, seeing as you're effectively on round 3 of this build, would you wanna lock this down and start a new thread for this next build? I'm hoping a fresh start will get this topic back where it belongs. it seems this has just become a shitstorm of a thread.

Please change the Name of it to Round 3 and delete all of the BS written, i will just update the pictures on previous pages Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back