Protege5 2002 5-Speed

newbie01

(canada)(canada)(canada)(canada)Shopping around for Protege5 2002 5-speed silver low km's. Tried 3 protege5 ;the first two I test drove were ok but the 3rd one seemed to be a lot quicker,faster almost mod. Lifted the hood and looked quite different especially without that black plastic cover over the radiator and .Very clear no changes were made; original owner claims Mazda only released only a few of these models in Canada. Are there really Sports Edition Protege5 only in this Silver color or is he just blowing smoke? Anyone know?? Thanks!!

not positive but i dont think think theres a sport edition of the p5. im sure other canadian owners can answer that better but it does sound like he took off the stock intake piping, but i dont know what else it could be past that.

the only other thing that it could be is that the first two were automatic and the third was manual. that is the only way you could really notice a difference in power i would think.

Odd, because I had the same experience with a 'sport package' P5. It felt different than a similar car, also stick with 60k miles.

umm ive seen this too beileve it or not i got in a race with a 02 p5 and he pretty much destroyed me we were both five speed, i had a cai and cat back exhaust, he was stock and told me it was the sport package so maybe there is a difference in the stock ecu settings

Back