09 i Touring Value with Halogen Headlights -- Upgrade Options?

Brock

I was wondering if you could upgrade (and how easy it would be) the headlights on an i Touring Value to the superior HID headlights (or whatever they are -- they look better). I would want to replace them with OEM bulbs/whatever.

1) Is it possible?

2) Is it expensive?

1) maybe

2) a new xenon assembly (from Mazda dealer is about $800 for ONE)

i would get an aftermarket kit from a sponsor of this site. :) WAY cheaper and you do not have to take off the bumper...... :)

You basically have three options.

1) install a H7 HID kit in your halogen headlamps
2) Install the OEM HID headlights
3) retrofit a HID projector into your halogen headlights.

^ Option 1 is probably the cheapest and you will be able to choose the color temperature you want to use.

^ that is what i recommend. i have 6k HIDs in my Lows and Fogs and LOVE them. easy install too.......

FYI. i Touring Value bulbs are H7 for the lows. The fogs are H11. :)

Diagram for changing driver headlight

Hi,

I am a new Mazda5 owner here.
My driver side low beam just blown out (it is odd, my M5 is only 4 month "new"). Did any one knew any link existed for a diagram for changing the light bulb? By the way, since mine is the sport trim, is that most possible a H7 but not a D2S (Xeon Fusion) will fit my M5. Thank you.

liusc

Hi,

I am a new Mazda5 owner here.
My driver side low beam just blown out (it is odd, my M5 is only 4 month "new"). Did any one knew any link existed for a diagram for changing the light bulb? By the way, since mine is the sport trim, is that most possible a H7 but not a D2S (Xeon Fusion) will fit my M5. Thank you.

liusc

Since your Mz5 is only 4 months new, you can take it in to the dealer and get a new bulb under adjustments warranty (12 months 12000 miles).

What are options for keeping the halogen headlights but maybe whiter or more blue-ish light???

IDK if you can even do it.

What are options for keeping the halogen headlights but maybe whiter or more blue-ish light???

IDK if you can even do it.

Pretty much your option for that would be to swap out the OEM halogen lamps for aftermarket "HID look" lamps. Basically they have a blue filter on the glass that makes the light look more white. These lamps generally also overdrive the filaments and they tend to burn out more quickly. Basically they cost way too much, don't improve your visibility, and burn out fast. Not worth it IMO.

To the OP (and everyone else). Another option for upgrading/modifying/improving the halogen headlights has come about thanks to some people on M3F. These include swapping the stock frosted lens for a clear one, trimming a tab off the front of the shield, and painting the shield black. The lens swap clears up the cutoff and provides for some color along the cutoff. The tab removal and black paint eliminate glare above the cutoff.

Results
P7251064.jpg

Back