Driver Side Headlight Assembly

brarsandeep

:
'08 Mazda5
I apologize if this is the wrong area...I am a newbie and just picked up our '08 Mazda5 Sport yesterday. I bought it in Michigan and drove it back to Dayton yesterday. I had a friend look it over before I bought it. The car is clean, but my friend missed one thing. It looks like it may have been hit on the front bumper on the driver side. Can't tell by looking at it, but while I was driving it last night, I noticed the driver side headlight was pointing pretty much straight down and off to the left. I figured it just needed some adjusting, until I looked it today...I was pissed!!! The entire bottom (inside) of the headlight assembly is broken. I am surprised that the lens cover did not break. I tried communicating with the seller and have not heard back. I doubt he is going to do anything. I tried adjusting the light to point up and back towards the the middle and was to adjust up following a tread posted here, but not inward (can find the inward/outward screw)...does anyone know where that would be on a '08?

Also, does anyone know I can get an '08 driver side headlight assembly...other than the dealer?

Thanks in advance.

1. Welcome!
2. CarFax
3. AO928's link is probably your best bet. I've never seen aftermarket headlight assemblies.

Headlight Assembly

Check out eBay - I use "mazda 5" (use the quotation marks when searching) for my search to remove all the Miata junk

Thanks guys...$500 for the replacement assembly...ouch!!! Of course the seller has not responded...I did not think he would.

Before I bought I did check CarFax and it was clean.

I have checked eBay and found an '06 headlight, but they are different.

It is hard to believe the there is no aftermarket headlight for the 5...hhhmmm...may a business opportunity :).

Thanks again everyone...I will keep looking!

Back