Bought my first Mazda, an MS6...extended warranty question??

briguyiu

Hi all,
I just bought my first Mazda, a speed6 and couldn't be happier so far. It is an 06 with less than 20k on it. I went ahead and bought the extended warranty for 4 years, but am not wondering if that was money well spent. Does anyone have any opinions on the reliability of the car, or of warranties in general? It will cost me about 20 more dollars a month to carry it. The car was purchased through a dealership and is certified.

Thanks

Congratulations on your new ride, now post some pictures of it (burnout). The ms6 is a pretty tough car and you shouldn't expect any trouble from it unless you decide to go overboard with mods. It does have a few quirks, but they're nothing major and mazda does have service bulletins for them. About your extended warranty question, it may be worthwhile to keep if it is in fact an extension on the factory warranty from mazda and not some random third party warranty company. Just remember most mazda dealers frown on any type of mods regardless of how small and unintrusive they may be. If you're considering making any mild tweaks to your car then you should start by reading this excellent thread tunersteve put together for. http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123733209

Unless you plan on modifying it hardcore (thus destroying your warranty) I would definately get the warranty. Seems like the 06 model has a few minor issues such as clutches / fuel pumps.

Truth be told you can not go wrong with an extended warranty. Even if you never use it you could have needed to in a bad way! Having a major failure or repair and not having the warranty is devastating!

Back