Protege > Pickup Truck

BlackMamba

:
2003 Protege ES
Hey all, I got a black 03 protege es not too long ago and am loving it. Definitely an upgrade from a 94 toyota pickup which died on me. I actually feel like I am driving now, not just along for the ride. Learned to drive stick once I got the car which was a great decision. I now realize that autos suck.
Look forward to learning a lot about my new car.

balloonbear-welcome.gif

i have an auto=[
couldn't drive stick even though i wanted one.
i had no one to teach me, and decided theres no point in test driving cars with the owner starring me down ruining his tranny.

oh wells. next step is an imported speed rx-7

i have an auto=[
couldn't drive stick even though i wanted one.
i had no one to teach me, and decided theres no point in test driving cars with the owner starring me down ruining his tranny.

oh wells. next step is an imported speed rx-7

yeah I am in the same boat..:( I always wanted to buy a stick car, I have had some practice before but for the most part I have been driving Autos all my life. I just got 01 Protege ES 2.0 last weekend its automatic tranny which is fine with me but for my first car I wanted it to be Stick so I could gain experience.

Autos rock in stop and go traffic jams but day to day with hardly no traffic they suck. They also kill your gas mileage!

AUTO SUX ASS everytime i get in a automatic i feel ****** lost like constantly tryna push a clutch the isn't there lol i have no clue what to do with my hand or leg haha but yeah u def upgraded when u got the pro. and there is a ton of info on here but if u don't see anything just ask someone will know ;) WELCOME

AUTO SUX ASS everytime i get in a automatic i feel ****** lost like constantly tryna push a clutch the isn't there lol i have no clue what to do with my hand or leg haha but yeah u def upgraded when u got the pro. and there is a ton of info on here but if u don't see anything just ask someone will know ;) WELCOME

yeah tell me about it. I flat spoted the two rear tires on my grandmas car about 6 years ago. I went to pass a semi and in my head I down shift or something and I found the e-brake pedal trying to pass a semi. Its very werid having the ass end of a car pass you going up hill.

yeah tell me about it. I flat spoted the two rear tires on my grandmas car about 6 years ago. I went to pass a semi and in my head I down shift or something and I found the e-brake pedal trying to pass a semi. Its very werid having the ass end of a car pass you going up hill.

Haha wow that sux see that why i tell people idk how to drive autos when people want me to drive there whip lol i'm like is it stick? lol haha good story man. oh yeah and by the way for those of u that wana learn u shud its always better to f up a friends ride then ur own haha jk but there ain't nothin to it... as i tell people its better to burn out then stall out cuz that way u look cool and not stupid haha

i think everyone has a story who got in an auto once and either stomped the brake or ebrake.....i stomped the brake once....

i have my car which is stick and my trick which is auto....both is nice right now...especially in traffic

i think everyone has a story who got in an auto once and either stomped the brake or ebrake.....i stomped the brake once....

i have my car which is stick and my trick which is auto....both is nice right now...especially in traffic

lol yeah i bet me luckily never smashed the break but i did throw it into nuetral and almost got smashed by a semi lol and yeah i think trucks r the only thing i'd get auto my silverado was an auto tran i miss that big beast ="( lol but it was hell on gas in the thing

lol yeah i bet me luckily never smashed the break but i did throw it into nuetral and almost got smashed by a semi lol and yeah i think trucks r the only thing i'd get auto my silverado was an auto tran i miss that big beast ="( lol but it was hell on gas in the thing

Thats why my f50 is auto and it pretty much just sits.... I have only put 7k miles on it in about 2.5yrs of ownership.

Thats why my f50 is auto and it pretty much just sits.... I have only put 7k miles on it in about 2.5yrs of ownership.

damn u hardly drive ur s*** lol i put alot of miles on mine just cuz the simple fact all the terrain out here is fun especially when it rains lol and even tho i'm in a desert we have monsoon season which i loved my goal was to get my truck stuck lol

damn u hardly drive ur s*** lol i put alot of miles on mine just cuz the simple fact all the terrain out here is fun especially when it rains lol and even tho i'm in a desert we have monsoon season which i loved my goal was to get my truck stuck lol

It gets driven about every other day but the MSP is more fun to drive and not to mention a hell of a lot better on gas. The truck pretty much only gets driven on my days off and by my grandma. So it doesn't get driven very far when it does it taken out.

and there expensive.......

They are only exspensive to repair for the newer autos. I can get the auto in my truck rebuilt and installed for around 800 bucks with a warrenty, but for the my last protege it was 1.8k-2.7k depending on where i went installed.

my last automatic I had was in 04 i think, it was a 95 Pontiac Sunbird SE 3.1L and it was gonna cost me 2grand just for the tranny, when it went out... so I just salvaged it and bought an S-10 5 speed lol

Back