Tax Refund Install Day!

TheDoc

:
2008 Mazda Speed 3
Welp, while I was busy not being at the Sonic meet, I decided to do my taxes and was quite happy the results. So, I'm purchasing a few new toys from PG around the middle of March, and hopefully will have them in time to do the install before we head out to the Midwest Mazda Meetfestthing.

I don't know if anyone else has some similar ambitions, but I don't recall ever seeing an install day done here, so I figured I'd throw it out there and give everyone the opportunity to either install aftermarket parts or just general service stuff before we leave for this trip.

I'm looking at the weekend of April 3rd or April 10th to do this- start either of those two Saturdays and not stop until we're done.

I have a separated garage with heated floor that can hold two cars and quite a bit of driveway space on top of that.

I was thinking beer, pizza, air tools, bloody knuckles could be a fun time.

Anyone interested?

**** yeah, count me in. Hopefully I'll be able to pick up a few of the pieces I've been wanting (HKS SSQ for one...) by then with my tax refund. I'm doing my taxes tonight, so we'll see :p

Sounds good, finally get my eibach springs in. But would have to be on a Sunday if possible

I'm going to be installing, at the very least, a turbo inlet and downpipe... I don't see that happening in one day with all the distractions that will be going on. So, there's no reason it shouldn't*** span from Saturday into Sunday.

Last edited:
I'm down. I'd like to get my boost gauge and the BOV that I'll be ordering from Ken as soon as I get my tax return in.

I work most Saturdays, thats why I was hopeing for a Sunday. if you can't I understand

Haha, I'm sorry, bad typo. I was trying to say that it should be a two day thing.. atleast for me. I'll probably do the downpipe on Saturday and inlet on Sunday. So.. the garage will be open both days of whatever weekend we decide on.

Last edited:
question.. is anyone excellent at installing audio..mainly head units? i have one thats been sitting on my floor for almost a year now and im horrible with audio if anyone wants to volunteer to do this for me i could pay or what ever. its an alpine iva-d300. if u wanna see what ur gettin urself into. i knw it will be a b**** and a giant pain. if not thats cool too cause it will just continue to sit there lol

question.. is anyone excellent at installing audio..mainly head units? i have one thats been sitting on my floor for almost a year now and im horrible with audio if anyone wants to volunteer to do this for me i could pay or what ever. its an alpine iva-d300. if u wanna see what ur gettin urself into. i knw it will be a b**** and a giant pain. if not thats cool too cause it will just continue to sit there lol

I can probably take a look. I'm not excellent per say, but I do have a minor in electrical engineering, I think I can figure it out :p

Wiring harness ftw. There's no reason a couple of intelligent guys can't figure it out.

Back