found: full turbo kit for 1.6

Finally found a full turbo kit!

http://www.hiboost.com/KITMAZDA16protege.htm

The nice thing about this one is that the 1.6 can take more boost (in psi terms) than the 2.0 because the internals of the ZM and ZM-DE engines are alot stronger than the FS. The impressive part about it is that at safe boost (9-10psi) with a 2.5" catback you can get 175whp out of your pro. At top boost (not recomended, it's 22psi) you can get 290whp... That's the same as an EVO X out of the box!

So if you can afford it and you are into autocross and such, pick this baby up!

ok lets start, i believe hi-boost was dropped from protegegarage due to lack of availability to their customers.

Sure the 1.6 can handle more boost then the 2.0. However you mentioned on 22psi it makes 290whp and i have seen hi-boost's dyno sheet on it. it can do it correct, now try and get that to the ground like the evo IX or X can.

now for your autocross comment. This kit would be useless. Do you know how weak the 1.6 tranny is? well guess what I do and have experienced it first hand. Also even if the tranny held up in an auto-x situation with this kit, you would just be spinning the inside tire all day long and not e going anywhere. So a LSD would need to be purchased in order to make it worth it.

Also, this kit has been out for a couple years now nothing new. Thanks for trying.

well i didn't see anything about it on the forum, but lots of questions about turbos for the 1.6 so i posted it. and i didn't compare the protege to the EVO in every way, I just said that they can both do the same whp

well i didn't see anything about it on the forum, but lots of questions about turbos for the 1.6 so i posted it. and i didn't compare the protege to the EVO in every way, I just said that they can both do the same whp

You mean ZM engine with stock internals?

yeah!!

yeah i got with IukekiniProtege i did the same bought the hiboost kit i was auto but changed the valve body and i was very carefull with the tranny although just got wot at third and 4th and it was holding great no problem at all but i want to change the car now and sold the kit

That kit is ridiculously overpriced.
You could buy two protg’s for that price, and still have money left over.

$1500-2000 might be a decent price… and even then, only decent… not excellent.

I don’t even get it… they probably sell one or two of those a year… anyone who has that kind of money to spend on a small turbo setup, would rather just buy a faster car to start with. If they were to cut the price in half, or more, they would sell hundreds of them.
..but that’s just my opinion.

May i know if i custom-made my turbo set-up, which brand of fuel injectors can directly fit into our 1.6L ZM-DE engine? I'm looking for 440cc. Thanks

I have a awd motor with a zl ve head on a zm de bottom wonder how much psi I can run and what would be the best turbo

Back