should I go with the cpe single or dual exhaust

Flightmedic

:
2006 Mazdaspeed6 GT
I am going to be buying a new exhaust in the next few weeks and am torn between the single exit and the dual exhaust from cp-e. Does the single exit perform a lot better than the dual or is just for a better sound? I am also affraid if I bring in the car for state inspection they may fail it for only having one muffler. Does that matter? What did you guys use to fill in the extra hole after you went to the single exhaust?

depends on how loud you want it. one can will be louder than two. or least thats my experience.

wait your sig says you have magnaflow already. isnt that dual back?

yeah I want the 3" exhaust so I can get the cpe 3" downpipe. Sound isn't important so if the dual will perform comparable to the single then I will go with the dual cpe 3"

I went with the cp-e dual catback along with the DP. It is true that you will get a FEW more ponies out of a single, but it is really negligible. Plus, the single exhaust is MUCH louder, and the dual is already loud (though I like it). To me, the few ponies gained from a single is not worth the sacrifice in the clean look of the dual.

Since I don't live in your state, can't really comment on what will and will not pass inspection. I know here in Maryland we have one of the toughest inspections anywhere, and as long as you are not blowing smoke, you will usually pass the emissions test. As for the visual part of the inspection, as long as you have a cat (or what looks like a cat... some people actually put on fake cats [mustang guys I know do this all the time]) you should be fine. Either way you go, I think you will be very happy with the cp-e stuff.

i will be purchasing the CPE single, it sounds incredible, and no one can tell from the exhaust housings anyway, and personally if i was a tuner and saw the consolodation of a dual to a single, i would be impressed, not concerned with how it looks. HP is everything. Efficiency is everything. honestly though, i may just have my local exhaust place make something from scratch with a magnaflow muffler, i put a headerback custom made exhaust on my 240sx with a magnaflow hiflow cat and muffler, 2.75in, i dont think i've ever heard better sound from any Supra or RX7 or STi, than that K24. giving money to shops for custom work also supports the economy!

wow, you just compared the exhuast sounds from a supra's turbo six, a rx7's rotary, a STI's horizontally opposed four, to an inline four.

thats four completely different mills with completely different sounds.

i've had magnaflow before as well and loved it, but i dunno about that comparo!

I have the CP-E 3 inch single exhaust on my speed6 and I must say it sounds really good. Its really not that loud at all. Theres just enough rumble coming out to let you know you have a aftermarket exhaust. Very exceptable imo. And another small benifit of going with the single exaust is losing some weight comparied to the duel setup.

that comparo was to show that my 240sx sounded cleaner, louder, with absolutely no back pressure or backfire and was the best exhaust ive heard on any car. STi's you can hear anywhere and tell what kind of car it is, supra and rx7 same thing, but people were like WHAT THE **** WAS THAT! when i came around the corner. i've heard other Ka-t and sr20 and rb26 240sxs that sound BUSTED in comparisson for perfect craftsmanship of a custom shop. I must have also gained 25hp. i would have given anything for a new LSD after that. but lol the bump in hp led the local PD to beleive that a motorcycle had been peeling out everywhere! hahah! ONE WHEEL DRIVE! :)

My thought is to go with the dual. You're still gonna shed some weight by going to stainless, and the car came that way. It's a bit more cash, but I think in the end you'll like it more.

yeah I want the 3" exhaust so I can get the cpe 3" downpipe.

Why don't you just replace the 2.5" main pipe with a 3" pipe ... will be a lot cheaper. That's what I did ... took out the stock 2.5" out and put 3" in place ... nice gain in TQ for me.

Last edited:
Back