Installed Aeroforce Scan Gauge with Vent Gauge Pod

sunlokyee

I recently purchased an Aeroforce Intercepter OBDII Scan Gauge because I wanted some kind of monitoring device for boost as well as something thats can do some performance test (such as 0-60, 1/4 miles). I know its not as good as a real boost gauge but it'll be enough for me to see where i'm at without doing too much work. Some of you may ask why not a dashhawk....cause I think its too big and blocky, the gauge form factor is what i wanted. Heres a link to the Aeroforce site:

http://www.aeroforcetech.com/products_interceptor.html

Ordered a CX7 52mm defrost vent gauge pod from a guy on a Mazda6 forum. The quality is exception, he did a great job.

Heres a few pictures (sorry for quality, only had a phone with me):

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0089.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg

Would you mind giving me the name of the guy who made that vent pod and how much he charged? Looks very nice

awesome! looks great. mine is en route; i can't wait! i chose the interceptor for the same reason, form factor, and the red/black color scheme matches my car. i'm gonna use the vent pod from RPM, but i'd prefer if it angled towards the driver like your pod does; i think they should modify it if possible. that looks like the chrome ring; wouldn't you agree the silver matches the other rings better? that's what i went with.

if your talking about the vent pod in this picture look at the link he posted. The guy sells them for speed 3 / 6 and CX7

no, i'm talking about the one that actually goes inside the vent. i see RPM sells them for the ms3 but not the ms6 or cx7. just wondering if the vents are the same. they appear to be, but i've never seen them side by side.

Attachments

• MZ3VentPod_pic2.jpg
    MZ3VentPod_pic2.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 496
Bringing thread back from dead. Curious as to whether the manifold pressure setting really is "true boost" psi. Owner of the CX-7, does the boost setting on the scangauge really go to 15.5 psi for the 2.3L turbo? The specs for the scangauge say absolute manifold pressure, with no reference to "boost psi" like it does specifically for a Dodge Neon SRT4.

How hard is it to hook up a boost guague?

Thanks in advance

the gauge the OP installed isn't just a boost gauge. Its an everything gauge and it plugs right in underneath your steering wheel.

A real boost gauge is more difficult to install. You have to cut a vacuum line in half and use a plastic T. Send a hose to the back of the boost gauge or sender unit. Then you have to wire the gauge for power / grounding / etc.

Not "hard" but you have to know your electrical basics and have a mounting solution.

Back