How to get more bass with bose system

brunobm

Hi all,

I just bought a 2005 Mazda 6 and it came with the factory Bose sound system. While the quality is quite decent, I miss having a subwoofer..

Anyway, I know little to nothing about setting up sound systems..I'd like to know what the best way to get more bass is since I only have like $300-$400 tops..

Should I just buy a subwoofer and a mono amp? Or would that just overpower the door speakers? I want bass but not at the expense of hearing the other stuff..

Also, I don't really want to replace the head unit...

What's the best solution here?

Thanks,
Bruno

but wouldn't putting a powerful sub and not connecting the door speakers to an amp (or replacing them) cause the sub to completely overpower my door speakers?

I had a 1200 watt amp hooked up to 2-12's in a Civic ... only the headunit was powering the 6 1/2" speakers. You just adjust the gain on the amp so it doesnt over power them.

If you want just a little more kick or boom, go with a 150-200watt amp max and adjust the gain as necessary. You can always just turn the bass down on the head unit if needed also.

To make it even easier on you, buy something like pre-powered subwoofer - its a sub, amp and enclosure all in one to complement stock systems:

http://www.crutchfield.com/g_51000/Powered-Subwoofers.html?tp=114

I have heard the Infinity Basslink in person, and it is awesome for a little thing.

Last edited:
there's a student here at my university selling a Kicker ZX400.1 amp and a Polk DB212-2 sub all for $300

you thing that's a good buy or should i go for less power and less money?

Back