Brake swap

absolutjk

Contributor
:
2017 Mazda3 2.5 Touring
I will be swapping brakes from a protege5 to a 2002 lx, i know i need calipers for the rear, but does anyone know if the front calipers will work with the protege5 rotors?

I assume you mean a 2002 ES, otherwise your bigger problem is going to be trying to get a 5-lug rotor to fit on a 4-lug wheel hub. if you mean a Protege ES, yes the Protege5 rotors will fit.

Do you mean you are going to do a drum-to-disc conversion on your LX? If so, you will still need a rotor that matches a 4-lug wheel for the front calipers.

Long story short, no, the front rotors from a P5 will not fit on the front of an LX

Thanks "theman," you just may be. Yes I did say calipers and I did say lx. I actually have used protege5 hubs with 5 lug pattern so my brake setup is (will be) more similar to an es/5. Glad to hear I only need to find rear calipers!

i was searching to see if there was any 99-01 proteges with rear disc brakes (4 lug) i have drums , and i want disc brakes. i have all the parts from a 02 protege, but they are 5 lug. any advice would b greatly appreciated... Second choice i have, is to get rid of my 4 lug rims, and trade em for some 5 lug, and swap the whole brake system to my 00' protege.. i was hoping i could find some rear 4 lug hubs, but its noot looking to good right now on the search.

Back