What dealers to avoid and which ones to go to for service (GTA)

I just went to Ontario Mazda, against my better judgement of previous experience, well, big mistake on my part, it turns out that after 19 years they have not changed.
So I went in for an oil change, as usual they found a bunch of things wrong that needs attention, one of which was alignment and the other four wheel balancing, they wanted to charge $120 for the alignment and $80 for the four wheel balance. I decided to shop around and I said no, leave it, but I went ahead with the transmission fluid replacement (over priced once again)
So today, two days later, I took the car to Goodyear and they have checked the alignment and $95 later, they tell me there was absolutely nothing wrong with the alignment.
Well, as you can imagine I am not happy about this, I called Mazda Canada customer relations to file a complaint and their service was nil, I wonder what is the reason for their existence? They could save some money by simply taking these people off their payroll and telling us Canadians like it is, that once you buy one of our cars you are SOL when it comes to customer service.
The next thing I did was to call the dealer, well interestingly I asked for the service manager, I spoke to a lady that she shall remain nameless for now, after a few minutes she tells me she thinks I should speak to the service manager, huh, I thought you are the service manager, oh no, she tells me she is a service adviser.
Well, if you like to get ripped off, pay a visit to Ontario Mazda, if you don't, stay away from them.
If any one in the GTA area knows a good reputable Mazda dealer, please post it and let us know, I am still searching for one.
It was so much easier when I had an Acura and I was going to Acura East in Ajax, too bad...(chair)

Thank you for the info bucksatan, I will give them a try for my next service.
Just a follow up on my original post, several attempts to get in touch with the service manager have been unsuccessful, I guess I know why.

New Dealership

The best I have had so far for service was from a new dealership just opened in Mississauga. Direct Mazda 905-812-8882, they were great helping me with any of my warranty issues.

Im dealing with Mazda of Toronto (Yonge and Steeles) and they probably have the worst customer service in the world. Best thing to do is get all your neccessary maintance done by your local shop and have them stamp your book. If your still interested in doing it at the dealership (they always overcharge for a bad job) look into Avante Mazda on Yonge St at Richmond Hill. They have great customer service because it is a family owned and operated dealership. I was actually thinking of just going to them exclusivly because they are so nice (at least when they are trying to steal your business from another Mazda dealership)

Good luck.

Ps. Oh yah don't believe them when they tell you that this and that need to be changed. I once left my car for warranty work and they called me frantic because they checked my oil and "IT IS BLACK, VERY BAD" and i needed an immediate oil change. Which I then politely asked the gentleman to F*(% himself because I had just done the oilchange. And go figure when I got there and checked it myself it was fine and I drove 5 thousand more klicks before I changed it.

Hope this helps

im in acton and go to achilles mazda in town. service is amazing and they dont mind mods. gf takes hers to oakville mazda and also has no problems

Back