2010 mazda3 yay or nay?

i have 1 thing to say: :D

though i guess if you want a mazda you'll need to learn to like the smiley face look. it's spreading across their line with the awfulness that the airplane nose spread across subaru's line a few years ago.

nay for now

i've said the same thing before about other cars...only to come around a year or two later :)

While I'm not feeling the new look either... It bears mentioning that this is the same exact feeling most people had about the current car when it came out. People criticized it's 'fugly lines' and contrasted it with the clean styling of the P5. I was actually one of them.

Now when I see a P5 on the road... the only word that comes to mind is BORING. Not sure if the same fate will hold true but there is something to be said for how we get used to a look. Subaru knows a thing or two about that.

Personally I see the P5 as one of the best examples of exterior styling we've seen, well.... ever! I still miss mine. Too bad it was a slushbox and the MS3 turbo tempted me so!

Yeah, I actually think that the Protege was, for the most part, a better looking ride than the current 3, especially in wagon form. And I've often looked at my sedan and thought that they could have made the roof line a little less bulbous and more raked and perhaps made the front hood longer and less round. I like the way it looks from almost every angle but directly from the side. I'm hoping it will be better after it's lowered. Overall, though, I love my poor man's BMW. lolz

Yea props to Mazda for giving us so much car for the money. I never thought I'd have something even remotely quick in this price range. And I never thought a daily commute could be so much fun (even in the automatic P5).

While I'm not feeling the new look either... It bears mentioning that this is the same exact feeling most people had about the current car when it came out. People criticized it's 'fugly lines' and contrasted it with the clean styling of the P5. I was actually one of them.

Now when I see a P5 on the road... the only word that comes to mind is BORING. Not sure if the same fate will hold true but there is something to be said for how we get used to a look. Subaru knows a thing or two about that.

Yeah, that's the exact same thing I was saying in another thread. People will come around on this car. I used to love my P5 too, but now they just look dated and boring.

It will grow on most of us in time i believe. Most of us weren't too big on the hatch sti at first glance, but now i think most agree that it's a pretty good looking ride. Also, if the hardware is right with this car no one is going to be complaining about a smiley face. I think this car will look much better in person than in pictures anyway.

Also, if the hardware is right with this car no one is going to be complaining about a smiley face. I think this car will look much better in person than in pictures anyway.

saw it saturday at the Pittsburgh Auto Show, i like everything about it BUT the front end...
but like others said that might grow on me....

Edit: heres the pics
DSC_0508.jpg

DSC_0509.jpg

DSC_0510.jpg

DSC_0511.jpg

DSC_0512.jpg

Last edited:
2010 Pics

heres a pic of the hatchback

Attachments

• Image144.jpg
    Image144.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 249
  • Image143.jpg
    Image143.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 259
  • Image142.jpg
    Image142.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 242
I'm going to have to say nay. As for the styling progression debate, I would probably say that I like the P5's looks better than the current 3, though the current 3 is a nice looking car to be sure. However, I can't say the same for the new 3...the profile reminds me of (what I feel is) the hideous new STI and the front is just, well...revolting. First the new, uglier 6, now a new, uglier 3...not good Mazda!

I really don't think it's that bad, just not use to it I guess. The new front end looks okay on the sedan but it a nay on the hatch.

I've been looking at the Mazda 3 for some time, so went to the dealer yesterday for a test drive. I have seen the 2010 model before in pictures and saw one yesterday in real life, I passed and went for the 09 Sport GT (sssh)

Back