need dash hawk help

ms6acton

Contributor
:
2006 Mazdaspeed 6
hey guys.. is there no boost gauge with the dash hawk?? i cant figure it out.. also it wont read it when i plug it into the usb cable

You gotta flash it to 2.5 to get the boost gauge function. I actually think it was put in during 2.3, but 2.5 is the latest version on their site. I have boost and boost/vac on my screen.

okay cool thanks.. and i figured out why i cant connect to the usb port.. its stupid vista!! lol

Are you running 32 or 64 bit Vista? I can talk you through if you've got 32, I'm still working on figuring out 64 bit myself.

Make the DH program a shortcut on your desktop, then right click and select 'Properties'. Under that, find 'Compatibility', then check 'Run as Admin' (at the bottom) and at the top, run as 'Windows XP SP2' (from the drop-down menu. It should work after that.

i have version 2.5 installed and it loads up but its still not reading that my dash hawk is connected to the usb port :(

Does the 'add new hardware' wizard pop up? I had to manually tell it where to look for drivers, since the drivers aren't signed by MS.

yeah, if you have a previous version installed, you have to uninstall it before you put a new one on...

ooooh i have a green glowing screen now lol.. i installed the drivers and am now installing version 2.5
hopefully my next post is with some good news :)

Back