MY Turbo Build Thread

is your bov behind your bumper? how's it sound? everything running well?

from what i can tell, everything is basically in for my turbo kit. just need to get some gaskets and do some welding. i think i may run my bov behind the bumper temporarily.

its beside the ac compressor you just cant see it because its facing down...its pretty loud to say the least....everythings running well except its throwing like 2x the gas in at boost, but hopefully the ssafc fixs that

You do know that OBX manifold will break down/crack soon , right ?

Over-all great work except OBX manifold is not going to last that will be the only draw back you will experience.

how much did that down pipe cost you ?
Exhaust side of turbo is 4 bolt type right ?

I have actually heard both sides of the story with the OBX. Some say they have had no problems, others opposite.

Thanks guys!

You do know that OBX manifold will break down/crack soon , right ?

Over-all great work except OBX manifold is not going to last that will be the only draw back you will experience.

how much did that down pipe cost you ?
Exhaust side of turbo is 4 bolt type right ?

yes the exhaust side is a 4 bolt and i bought the obx, turbo downpipe, tial, and dump tube in one package, so i dont know what it cost to make it.

the thing about the obx is that ya i know its not the greatest, and i do want another because this one makes the tial hit that PS pump and cockeyes it a little bit... But when i see a spool t3 mani ill probably buy it.

Im not too worried about it cracking though it seems solid, plus alot of the other people that had cracking problems had fake obx manis...this ones a real one with the welded tag and everything.

I have actually heard both sides of the story with the OBX. Some say they have had no problems, others opposite.

+1 to that, go on Newegg and look at the internal harddrives, you'll see some say that one is great and lasted them 4 years, and others with say that it doa or crashed after a week for the same one, i think just like any product, it mostly just the luck of the draw...and maybe how much boost you're trying to push through it...hehe

UPDATES!!!!

well i bought the correct ngk splitfires today, also picked up some maf cleaner and cleaned it up real good.

still getting a CEL for that 2nd o2 sensor..but if you saw the picture i definitely messed it up bad bottoming out...

tomorrow im going to buy a universal bosch o2 and use it to replace my primary o2 sensor, and then i will use the old primary one as a replacement for my torn up second o2 which will be moved to the midpipe.

Also within the week i will be receiving and installing my ssafc V2...Also i will be ordering a AEM wideband within the week also!!!

ALSO depending on how much money i have left over after doing all this i will be driving up to have JDM SAM street tune it for 1.5 hours!

good, idles perfect, no fuel cut, and it accelerates good...i can tell id gain more from a better tune though..but once i get a WB im gonna have JDMsam tune it

Update: Just bought a 626 manifold, and i will be installing it along with a Nsn thermal spacer, and i will gasket match and port it. I will also be moving all the solenoids and stuff from on top, to the passanger side behind the strut mount

im having no problem getting fuel right now lol...in fact im getting too much.

Update: the car will be done on tuesday!!! i got a s*** load of extra stuff fixed like a new bumper (oem) and the trunk badges filled along with a crease that was in it...also got a big dent fixed on my door, and one on the top

Man that's a good looking Speed. I got mine originally just as a daily driver, and knew nothing of the potential. In the garage however, I've got a 2002 Trans Am WS6 that I play with...that's what I'm dumping my money into for the moment...heads/cam/exhaust/all the bolt-ons, tune, etc...making about 430rwhp. Yet, nothing beats the sound of a spooling turbo!

car.jpg

Back