SPEED 6 antenna

rapter

Contributor
:
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 Grand touring
hey my 2006 mazdaspeed 6 has that danm LONG FISH pole in the back for the radio.
Is that only for FM/AM radio or sat as well. cause the car is equiped with SAT in it?
or is there another antenna for the SAT radio?

thanks im wondering cause i would like to buy that sharkfin antenna so i need to know if i should buy one with SAT ready or just FM/AM.

thanks guys.

You could always just get the CX7 shorty antenna too. (Just a suggestion) they are only 14 bucks.

If I remember correctly the stock antenna at the dealer was about 34 bucks....cx7 sounds like a better deal....

Killer, Do you have a link for the CX-7 antenna?

Everyone, Does the button on the radio labled "SAT" mean the car is FULLY capable of satelite radio, or is that just the button and other installation of hardware would be required?

Everyone, Does the button on the radio labled "SAT" mean the car is FULLY capable of satelite radio, or is that just the button and other installation of hardware would be required?

You will need to buy hardware, I forgot how much it cost me, but it was in the 300 range i think. Then you will need it installed, its a box (the tuner) and an antenna. Mine was mounted on the trunk lid, its one of those little blakc magnetic things.

You will need to buy hardware, I forgot how much it cost me, but it was in the 300 range i think. Then you will need it installed, its a box (the tuner) and an antenna. Mine was mounted on the trunk lid, its one of those little blakc magnetic things.

yikes.(notcool)

100_0796.jpg

100_0787.jpg

This is what i like i'm curious how he exactly did it.

I don't see why not. However, that'd probably be A LOT more expensive than just replacing the antenna. You're talking rewiring where the antenna goes, fixing that hole in the roof, and replacing and then wiring in the back window. It might be more trouble than it's worth.

The '03 Mazda 6 came with the ant. built into the back window. I have no clue as to why Mazda changed this for the '04 model, but you might be able to get a '03 rear window with the ant. built into it and change it out. You still have to fix the hole in the roof though. Good luck.

There's always the sharkfin, but at $80, it's a bit more than the CX-7 or your DIY methods. If we get Donny interested, we can get them on a GB for only $65.

I like they way the Evo is set up with the vortex gen. and the way the blue one is set up i hope to have it set up like it.

They make an add-on vortex generator for the 6/MS6. Chargespeed makes them in fiberglass or CF.

Back