15mm eibach spacers installed w/ stock wheels

long story short i've been trying to get these for a long time. Eibach has been out of stock for months, and probably won't get these in the states again. in the beginning of january, they thought maybe drivewire might have them in stock based on an order placed in september, i ordered them online through drivewire and in the process, i had to fight with and eventually do a chargeback against them for not refunding money. it was a harrowing experience. thanks to eibach and a resourceful inside sales rep, i had these sent from germany and they finally arrived today.

before-
IMG_1714.jpg

after-
IMG_1723.jpg

before-
IMG_1713.jpg

after-
IMG_1725.jpg

before-
IMG_1183.jpg

after-
IMG_1720.jpg

the spacers-
IMG_1718.jpg

IMG_1709.jpg

IMG_1711.jpg

IMG_1716.jpg

IMG_1717.jpg

i'll get some better 'after' pics, but the wheels are significantly bumped out now. they do NOT rub under any circumstances; i drove around under all kinds of conditions and haven't rubbed once.

the setup this is equivelent to is a 18x7.5 42 with 225 tire

Last edited:
I would like to know also. It's good that they are the studded type. They are practically worry free this way.

Nice, running spacers always scares me.

How much did it cost for all 4?

yeah, i was never really a fan of the whole spacer idea until eibach released the pro-spacers a few years back. i knew H&R had their trak spacers for a while, and with eibach releasing them, it legitimized the whole thing. eibach only makes awesome stuff, hehe.

re: cost, i can't say without potentially compromising things. i went through alot to get these and i don't want to cause any problems.

what i can say is that this site has a customer that is direct with eibach, jscspeed. Aaron@JSC is the user name. he might be able to find out exactly what this would cost if it's possible at this point. if you are willing to pay the extra for the shipping from germany, it might very well be worth it. it certainly is cheaper than a new set of wheels, especially if you are like me and like the stockers.

Interesting. But if they're 15mm spacers, would the offset now be +37?

right! but does anyone buy 18x7 with a 37 offset? heck no!

i was just saying, a common well filling wheel combo is an 18x7.5 42, and most people end up using 225's, so considering all of that, this combination end up filling the wells in the same manner as that wider wheel, wider tire, and 42 offset

; )

i'm running an eibach pro-kit, but not the one for the ms3. the one for the regular 3 which is lower when installed on the ms3.
im running the Eibach Pro Kit as well and my ride height looks exactly like yours..bought them from JSCspeed and mine are for the MS3. Probably not much difference between the two.

A buddy of mine runs a certified VW shop. I always hear of horror stories about spacers. He said he has NEVER had an issue with them as long as they were of good quality and hubcentric.

A buddy of mine runs a certified VW shop. I always hear of horror stories about spacers. He said he has NEVER had an issue with them as long as they were of good quality and hubcentric.

yep!

this is 1000% correct. you won't have issues with H&R or Eibach UNLESS...there is crud on the hub not allowing them to sit properly on the hub face or hug the center bore properly. but, that's user error for sure.

...i was just saying, a common well filling wheel combo is an 18x7.5 42, and most people end up using 225's, so considering all of that, this combination end up filling the wells in the same manner as that wider wheel, wider tire, and 42 offset
This is a purely aesthetic mod, right? Bumping up your scrub radius like that would potentially do nasty things to torque steer -- have you noticed anything like that?

Is this for looks only? I don't understand the point unless you're trying to gain clearance for wider tires for the track and/or clearance for bbk and coilovers.

i would classify this as a mainly asthetic mod. But as pontiac says, wider is better. lol

Back