MS6 DSC light comes on and stays on

MrFatbooty

:
'99 Miata 10AE
So yeah, not quite sure if this is the right section but figured I'd give it a shot.

On my MS6, every once in a while when I start it up the DSC light comes on and stays on for a while. It then tends to shut off after about 15 minutes or so of driving. Doesn't seem to be any particular reason why the light comes on that is different from normal (i.e. light only comes on when temp is below 15 or something).

I recall something about the DSC light also being a TPMS indicator when I was helping a friend find snow tires for his 3 hatch, but not sure if my car (an '06) had TPMS.

Any ideas on why this may be happening?

Thanks!

There was a TSB for the DSC light. It is number 09-004/08. You might take it to the dealer to have them check it. Here is what the TSB says:

APPLICABLE MODEL(S)/VINS
2006-2007 Mazdaspeed6 vehicles with VINs lower than JM1GG****7*110516 (produced before June 6, 2007)

DESCRIPTION
Some vehicles may experience a TCS/DSC warning light illumination with DTC C1956 (Steering Angle Sensor)
stored in memory.
Depending on the size variation in the production of related combination switch parts on the steering shaft,
steering angle sensor parts may come in contact with each other causing debris to attach to the steering angle
sensor. The debris can cause abnormal signals resulting in a TCS/DSC warning light illumination.
The steering angle sensor assembly in the combination switch body has been modified to avoid interference.
Customers having this concern should have their vehicle repaired using the following repair procedure.

Back