BC coilover install pics review

yea lol.
Tylor and I agree that is car doesn't look right anymore because its not low like it is in that pic.

update pics? i hear there are some problems with your semi-slammed car? clunking and rubbing from all the wrong places

Update on my kit:

Done 40,000km (~25,000miles) now. At 34,000km, I found the front right endlink tab had a failed weld. There was no obvious distortion and the other 3 welds were fine. The replacement part has more welding in that area and looks a bit stronger. While waiting for the front lower mounts to arive, the right rear endlink tab snapped at the hole. The left rear had identical cracks and was also about to fail. While checking all this, I found the left rear damper was leaking oil, which wasn't surprising, as the damping seemed to be going a bit "off".

All lower mounts and the left rear damper was replaced under warranty and BC NA responded quickly. I purchased 3 more dampers to make a full set. While waiting for the parts, I drilled new holes for the rear endlinks. This worked fine and looks stronger than it was in the first place. I'll do it again if the new ones crack.

After disassembly and thorough cleaning, the remaining parts still look to be in good shape, although there is some minor deterioation of the coatings in some areas and one spherical bearing feels looser than the other, but no freeplay yet. The coating on the springs was cewed off by dirt and stones that gets caught in the spring seat area, leading to rust, but this was sanded off and painted ok.

Given the amount and type of driving I do, and the price of the kit, I'm still satisfied with the kit. I wonder if Bilstein, Koni etc might have better dampers that would or could be made to fit?

Reassembled and looking almost new again, the car feels goooood. There is a twisty mountain road nearby that has 200 corners in 20km iirc. To celebrate I took it up and down last night. Twice :)

Back