squeaky suspension?

jlocurto

:
2008.5 Black Mica Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring 7/15/08
i go to school in westchester county, ny and right now since its been cold, whenever i start my car and hit a few speed bumps leaving campus my suspension squeaks like crazy! until the car warms up..
is this normal?!

Last edited:
seems to be that way for me as well except for the fact that i dont drive it very far and it never seems to warm up for me... it is also like -20C around here too.

i go to school in westchester county and right now since its been cold, whenever i start my car and hit a few speed bumps leaving campus my suspension squeaks like crazy! until the car warms up..
is this normal?!
In the cold yes. The first time it happened to me I got out of the car and had to have a look around.

In the cold yes. The first time it happened to me I got out of the car and had to have a look around.

alright thank you! just making sure cause the first time it happened i was buggin out and looked under the entire car and found nothing, and it was worrying me that it kept on happening!

It's rediculous though. I'm not so sure it's the bushing's, it's fairly loud and coming from the front driver side wheel well.

I've been thinking it's actually the shock.

And the weather lately has been single digits, positive and negative.

Gmac

I've noticed this also from 15 deg and colder. usually goes away within 5-10 mins once everything is wamred up but yah, it's annoying.

I'm taking mine in tomorrow for a bushing replacement. I'll let you know the results. On the service printout, the dealer quoted (I'm paraphrasing);

"Checked for squeeks coming from bushings when cold, found squeeks coming from the stabilizer bushing, order bushings." $0.00

I'll post a response video on youtube (to my old squeek video above) with the results.

I am also interested in the fix and if the bushings worked. You have no idea how many times I get asked if my car is going to fall apart when I have passengers and it's below 10 degrees.

Yeah, it's pretty bad LOL. I have just been dealing with it. The windshield rattle is getting pretty annoying, too.

Back