Just bought a MSP!

03silvertege

:
2003 Mazdaspeed Protege bone stock!
I just bought a 2003.5 MSP, it has 57000 miles and is all stock. Reason why i am posting up this thread is just wanting to know some does and donts with my MSP and what are some good first bolts ons to get this car started?

welcome to the boards! there a lot of intelligent enthusiasts here to help answer your questions. i would definetely follow the link provided in the previous post! with the engine mounts being recommended, click the link below. probably one of the best engine mounts i've seen for our cars that our suppose to produce a lot less vibration!

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123731435

Welcome to the forums, Tons of info on here for you and tons of great deals too, the FS threads are really nice.

Congrats on the new car, be carful with it. You can become addicted to these cars Very easily!

Read all you can, before you start buying bolt-on parts. The car is good to go stock. So there is no rush to boost the HP.

The car is good to go stock.

(boom07)

That's aside from the bad mounts, bad tune, bad vaccum lines, bad intercooler piping, etc....right? LOL. Although it IS so much fun to drive, its just plain crappy stock. But I love mine, so I'm not trying to put it down. Mazda just took too many shortcuts imo. Like others have said, just do your research before throwing parts on it. The MSP has lots of quirks. LOL

My car is stock, and i love it. For sure like any other car, if you drive with your foot throught the floor all the time, then s*** is going to break. but if you take it eazy... there shouldnt be too many problems!

welcome to the forums and to a.... very special breed of car. love/hate, bitter/sweet, MSP/MSP.

welcome to it!

If you just want mild mods there are a lot of solid bolt-ons that will do the trick. Personally, I would get a better intercooler and exhaust to start off with. oh yea , don't forgot something(afc) to tune with.

easily put... listen to that guy... make attainable plans and then ask around to see how they can be done... Remember the triangle... fast, cheap and reliable, pick two

Welcome to the Cult.

Oh i mean Mazdas247 :) I Hope you enjoy your stay.

x infinity

Dude... I bought this car cause I liked the way it looked. Found some cool folks in my area. Toyed with a manual boost controller for like a minute. Any extra cash (if I ever get any) goes to the car. It's like a drug.

+1^^^ you will be suprised lol also check ur production # and this place is so freakin helpful and u can get stuff cheap here an go check out protege garage ken is very helpful lol

Thanks for all the support! I'm a honda guy but i saw this car and had to have it! They gave a me a good deal and warranty but it does do a few things... it stumbles under acceleration and think the bushings in the rear are going out and it doesnt have a stock air box, it has a cone filter. I have done a little research but only owned it for 5 days lol before i even know nething about the car i popped the hood and first thing that poped into my head was harding piping and fmic and maybe cia but i'm not going to jump into nething just yet but i do want to mod this car!

Back