Slid into a curb - got it fixed - still got vibrations

So, this winter, due to my protege being TERRIBLE in the snow, I slid into a cub.

Well, this caused immediate problems. I jacked it up and could tell right away that the front right lower control arm had bent.

Since it was about 10 degrees here at the time, I took it to a shop, they pulled one from a scrap yard and replaced it for me.

They also told me that my rear left rim was bent and leaking air. I knew it had been leaking but not that it was bent.

Now the vibrations have mostly gone... but when I get up to 55 or so they come back.

It's about a once per second wirring noise, as if I'm going over the bumps on the sides of freeways, just not as loud. If I take my hands off the steering wheel it vibrates iratically and turns slight to the left and then back to the right. The car seems to drive strait though.

Now, I know everyones going to go strait for that rear wheel. But it was bent before the accident and this did not happen. Also, I'm not certain a rear tire could cause the steering wheel to act like that. The only point that makes me think it might be the rear tire is that the shop tried to rebalance it. I do see they changed the weights.

I plan on doing the rest of the work myself. Any ideas which component is most likely?
Upper control arm
Hub
CV joint
Wheel

any advice would be appreciated.

I presume they rebalanced the front right tire. Maybe they didn't get it right.

For what it's worth, with snow tires the P5 is actually pretty decent in the winter. Provided you drive for the conditions, of course.

if the rim is really bent....it will never truely balance out and you will get vibes in higher speeds.....i had 2 rims bent before i got new ones...

Anyone know where I can get Steel rims that will fit the stock tires? I dont care what it looks like, I just want it cheap. I can't seem to find them anywhere.

btw, tonight I'm going to put the spare on in place of the rear and see what happens. If that doesnt do anything then I'm going to try it on the front.

Yeah, check the front rim for trueness, switch the front wheel with the spare (which should be balanced, btw) and see if that fixes. If the front rim bent in such a way that it is no longer centered, it would cause that kind of bump vibration you noticed. If that's so, get it checked since it would ruin your suspension over time.
Another option would be a chuck of ice stuck to the rim - if that applies. I just had that, completely throws the wheel waaay out of balance.

...and the car is fine in the snow. Just slow down for conditions eh? (and watch out for those cubs! ;))

well your first issue is that you hit a baby bear..... cubs will always mess up your alignment lol j/k. i hit a curb once and even after it was fixed it still get vibrations at about 55 to 60 so it just might be forever jacked up

It's the Front Wheel Hub Assembly, it's bent. Anyone know where I can get a replacement? I can't find one anywhere. I can do this myself if I could just find the part. The shop wanted $500

Back