Rush in a Car Crash! (MSP Totaled)

I hope she is ok as well. Condolences from a fellow speed owner.

i hope she ok as well. hope her car isn't to messed up because IMO she has one of the nicest msps on here.

Hi guys.

Yeah, so I was in an accident and the MSP is down .. and might be out for good. I just finally got home to Elizabethtown about a half hour ago. I'm fine, which in itself is a miracle considering what happened in the accident.

I was in the left lane of the PA Turnpike doing about 50mph. One of those massive Penndot snow plows was in the right lane up ahead of me. I was in the process of passing it when it started throwing out a TON of salt. I mean, I know they usually throw out a decent amount, but it was like the load in the bed shifted and it was simply GUSHING salt. It was throwing out SO much salt and such large chunks of it that my first honest thought was -- holy ****, my windshield is going to crack. And it was throwing salt chunks across the entire span of my car -- across the entire left lane because chunks of it were smashing right in front of my face.

I had been driving in the usual 'ruts' made in the lane through the snow, but when all that salt bombarded me, I couldn't see a thing. I must have drifted into the snow/slush areas though .. cause next thing I knew, the car yanked to the left faster than I could even comprehend what was happening. There wasn't even a chance for me to recover. The front driver's side headlight/fender area slammed into the median, and I rebounded and went spinning back across both lanes until I came to rest with the back driver's side end smashed into the guard rail.

I have absolutely no idea how I didn't hit anyone else .. and I have no idea how that snow plow didn't run me over. The guy who had been driving directly behind me (along with about four other people) stopped and came to make sure I was okay afterwards .. and the guy behind me said that when I first broke into the spin, the plow hit its brakes -- and immediately after that, when I rebounded and spun across the two lanes, he said the plow missed me by a foot. If that.

Here are the end results (and this pic was taken about an hour and a half after the accident, and by that point, they had the road clear -- go figure):
Wreck.jpg

It looks awful and it is. However .. again, by some sort of miracle .. it's not AS bad as it looks. The rear driver's side bumper is dented and the rear lip is scuffed and the driver's side tail light is shattered. As for the front .. the only damage I got to the engine bay setup was a small scratch to the lower driver's side corner of the intercooler. The hardpipes weren't even touched. And that side of the engine bay where the headlight is crunched in -- nothing sits there. Not even the wheel/tire was touched. So up front .. the bumper, front lip, grill, hood, and fender are all shot. But be damned if the car didn't start right up and drive just fine when it was being put on the tow truck!

So now it's sitting and waiting for the adjuster to come and see if it's repairable .. or totaled. While I'm incredibly upset .. I'm also very thankful that I'm fine and that no one else was involved.

I'll keep everyone posted on how things go. I can't even really think about all this too much right now, I'm trying to block it all out until I know whether or not it can be fixed. I've been in tears since essentially 2:15pm today when the accident happened .. and I'm just exhausted by this point.

i know the feeling, but as long as u can walk away from it thats all that matters, cars can be replaced, all they are is metal and plastic. Glad to hear u are ok rush!

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! (sad2) One of my favorite MSP's... Glad to hear your ok Rush, My condolences from a fellow MSP owner.

Cindy.....sorry to hear about the crash. Happy though that you or no one else was badly hurt....especially after seeing those pics. Hard to believe that it fired right up and drove.

Did the plow driver at least stop to see if you were okay? I always hate passing them on the left when they are dropping salt....when I have to I speed up just to get around them (conditions permitting of course).

That pic makes my eyes burn. Simply one of the sexiest MSP's around. Still happy to know that you are still vertical after such a calamity.

My optimistic side says she should get fixed no problem.

WOW! Glad to hear you're fine! Winter is a b****, you never know what conditions are ahead of you or what people around your will do. And stuff like that happens so fast....Good luck with the repair

Awwwwwwww noooo!!! It was such a hott car!!! Why does the world have to be so cruel!?!?!?!?!!!??!!??!?!

glad to hear your uninjured. hear in Lebanon the roads are always bad cuz the city never does anything. that is y i bought a 4x4 beater for the winter months..

damn this is a really bad winter for MSP's...makes me want to slow down a little when i am going 85 mph on the way to work at 5:30 am ....i know that snow tires (i have blizzaks) are great but not so much at high speeds....RUSH hopefully they can consider your car totaled then buy the car back, buy another msp and start fresh....and i am glad that you are alright...buckle up ppl...it's winter

glad to hear your uninjured. hear in Lebanon the roads are always bad cuz the city never does anything. that is y i bought a 4x4 beater for the winter months..

Explain that to the 4x4 cars getting stuck up my road.

its not so much the car, its the stupid drivers that slam on the brakes and locking the tires up, or panicing and not knowing what to do, i never got stuck in the snow yet :)

Back