Ipod Adapter finding the power wire

rapter

Contributor
:
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 Grand touring
Hello

ok i hav ea Pioneer deck in My 2001 mazda protege
Would like to play my ipod in it so i bought that Ipod adapter for the deck.
Anyways looks simple plug and play to the deck.
But in order to charge the ipod at the same time the unit came with a power wires.
Plugs into the back of the adapter and has 2 single 22AWG wires coming out.
One yellow for + power and the other black for - Ground.

Is there a spot in the back of my deck like a bus bar with spare plugs where i can attach this power wire into?

thank you

yeah that would be your best choice, it will charge the ipod even if the stereo is off. am not sure if your ipod shuts off after a few minutes of no use. or if you'll have to turn it off everytime. (this wouldnt apply if you use your ipod out of the car.) i leave mine plugged in all the time. just take it out when am gonna put new songs in there. lol

no the acc is the accessory wire...(only on when ignition is on)

i would recommend using this so it doesn't draw power all the time

YEAH.. lol.. so if am not mistaking .. The yellow wire in the back of a stereo is Constant Power.. and the Red, will be just when you turn the (Stereo)key on...

yeah i got it thanks guys.

Next problem tho lol...

Ok so now i want to plug the yellow wire into the ACC wire in the connector which is pin 12 i belive.
Anyways

Where the Hell can i buy NEW PINS? i already removed the old ones so i need new pins so i can crimp the wire on it and BANM PLUG IT IN.

it works really well too, i tried it out. Except my sister just bought a new IPOD and lol when i plug it in, it doesnt charge it says" This ipod does not support this woftware" lol those bastereds.

ALl other ipods work fine.

Anyways back to ??? where can i buy tho pins there gold and long and have one small tab that clicks in place.(if anyone knows what im talkign about)

Back