Spark plugs/Wires.

R-X-R

:
2003 Mazda Protege ES
Any Advice on what is the best spark plug/wires brand that i can get? anyone used halo plugs?

Last edited:
+1 on this question. I'm at the 90,000 mile mark, and need to replace my plugs. Figure I might as well upgrade the wires while I'm at it. Any suggestions?

i recently removed my Nology wires and put the stock wires back on... in all honesty i can't even tell the difference... but if i was going to change wires again i would either do stock or magnacor... i will never dish out the cash for nology wires again...

as for halo plugs... im wondering the same thing

I tried the Bosch platnum plus 4's right after I bought the car with 46k on the car, and there was a slight increase in power, but not much, and I need to change them again and wander what to go to... I heard that the Denso K22's are good, but Ive never heard of them outside the forums, and cant seem to find em.

NGK all the way in our cars. Stock wires are fine, but if you feel the unnecessary need to upgrade, go with the NGK's.

Plugs are the same thing.. NGK works amazing. NGK ZFR5F-11 on the NA engine, 6F-11 on the MSP Turbo.

Another option is the 1.8 coil swap. then you can deffinatly steep up your wires and clean up your bay in the mean time.

1.8 Coil Swap 1

1.8 Coil Swap 2

I used to swear by the NGK's but i just dropped the fussion platinum 4's in there with this coils set up and it is the smoothest this engine has ever ran.

My local Autozone carries NGK-GP-Platinum plugs. Are these the ones to get?

Not that I'm saying you're wrong, but how is this possible? Autozone doesn't even have NGK plugs listed on their website, and I asked 4 different Autozones here in Cedar Rapids and they said that the company doesn't carry them.

Technically, NGK BKR511E plugs are stock, but any NGK plug you can get is quality IMO.

Not that I'm saying you're wrong, but how is this possible? Autozone doesn't even have NGK plugs listed on their website, and I asked 4 different Autozones here in Cedar Rapids and they said that the company doesn't carry them.

Technically, NGK BKR511E plugs are stock, but any NGK plug you can get is quality IMO.

See link below. there a re 5 different "NGK" brand plugs on the AutoZone website. I use to use the platnium ones until i bought the fusion platnium 4's and i am stuck on them. I do not know what the stock replacement is to be sure though.

http://www.autozone.com/N,16200033/No,10/shopping/partTypeResultSet.htm

My local Autozones all have them. Sorry Cedar Rapids is out of the loop.

That's weird - I will have to let the guys know at the stores here. What's weird is that I could find them with a manual search, but not if I just selected "spark plugs" and then "brands"

anyways, i stand by what i said earlier, and I'm sure many agree. NGK=Quality

Latest posts

Back