Can you bypass need for proximity key altogether?

HVC

I have a 2008 CX-9 and would like to install a remote start system. Neither the dealer nor any professional installers have been able to figure out how to make the system work without having to carry the Mazda Advanced Key (proximity key) in addition to the remote starter fob. Is this possible at all?

From what I've read the most recommended bypass module to use is the Directed PKFM (updated version of XK04) with the PKFORD 3.00 firmware.

Getting the car to start remotely by bypassing (or simulating) the presence of the proximity key seems straightforward. But, afterwards, when I unlock the car with the remote starter fob and try to turn the ignition switch to "ON," can it be programmed to work without having to carry the proximity key with me (it's annoying to have to carry both of those large remote devices)? Or is there another bypass module that can simulate the proximity key not only for starting but for actually driving the vehicle after starting?

Another angle is that the Mazda user manual says if you leave one proximity key in the vehicle it is temporarily disabled if you lock the car with a second proximity key. It is re-enabled when the car is unlocked by the second proximity key. Can that function be repeated if I lock & unlock the doors with the remote starter fob instead?

I'm not about to let anyone install any of these products in my car to test this capability afterwards...anyone been able to verify a set up to avoid carrying both the proximity key and a separate remote starter fob?

If you want, just keep the Mazda fob at home, then you will just have to carry the valet key around to start the car

I have a 2008 CX-9 and would like to install a remote start system. Neither the dealer nor any professional installers have been able to figure out how to make the system work without having to carry the Mazda Advanced Key (proximity key) in addition to the remote starter fob. Is this possible at all?

From what I've read the most recommended bypass module to use is the Directed PKFM (updated version of XK04) with the PKFORD 3.00 firmware.

Getting the car to start remotely by bypassing (or simulating) the presence of the proximity key seems straightforward. But, afterwards, when I unlock the car with the remote starter fob and try to turn the ignition switch to "ON," can it be programmed to work without having to carry the proximity key with me (it's annoying to have to carry both of those large remote devices)? Or is there another bypass module that can simulate the proximity key not only for starting but for actually driving the vehicle after starting?

Another angle is that the Mazda user manual says if you leave one proximity key in the vehicle it is temporarily disabled if you lock the car with a second proximity key. It is re-enabled when the car is unlocked by the second proximity key. Can that function be repeated if I lock & unlock the doors with the remote starter fob instead?

I'm not about to let anyone install any of these products in my car to test this capability afterwards...anyone been able to verify a set up to avoid carrying both the proximity key and a separate remote starter fob?

Yeah, I suppose one could remove the knob from the ignition cylinder and just use the smaller key. Basically, revert back to a traditional key system...and so much for all that fancy gadgetry Mazda installed in there (too fancy for its own good).

Back