New here, Just bought 09 MS3

It appears True Red is becoming hard to find these days.. at least in So Cal. Congrats on the purchase.

congrats! enjoy it and mod at your own discretion!! do your research and enjoy the boards

Thanks for the greeting guys. I love the true red. Nicest red I have ever seen on a car. I have only 200 miles on it since picking it up. I will drive it sparingly until winter is history. .....I have a question that some of you may know the answer to. I had the Mazda cold air intake installed at the dealer and the car makes a Whooshing noise like steam escaping after I shift under part or near full throttle. It also make this sound if I accelerate medium speed without downshifting. Is this normal with the intake? It did not do this in the test drive with the factory intake. I am new to turbo cars as being a v8 musclecar owner from way back. Thanks for input.

That's the bypass valve relieving boost when you let off the gas. Prevents compressor surge on the turbo. This still happens on the stock intake, it's just dampened a lot more.

Welcome and enjoy!

Where in Mass. Travel up there frequently to the Springfield/Northampton area.

Last edited:
Congrats! Did you get a set of winter tires yet?

If not... I just got a set from tirerack. Even though the website says they're out of 16" steelies... they're not. Give em a call and they'll hook you up. I got the General Articmax ($65/each) with free mounting on $55/piece steelies. Can't beat that!

I'm surprised no one gave him the run down yet!

Welcome and congrats on the your new MS3!

Modding requirements:
Replace or upgrade stock motor mount
TWM Short Shifter and aluminum shifter bushings

You will be a very happy owner.

The intake pronounces the turbo very much, and everything you're hearing is normal as everyone else put it. However...I'd be trying to find out if the dealer installed the new CAI with the air straightner..

Thanks for the info on the noise. I figured it was normal. Snow tires will be in the future but next year. Car will sit in the bad weather now. I cannot stand to get it dirty. Mud flaps?......I will have to consider the motro mount.

Back