biggest problem with my 5 so far...

2003proes

:
2003 Mazda Protege ES
So I have been noticing how the front passengers in my '07 5 all have the same complaint...no arm rest. Is there a way to add an arm rest? can i buy an '08 passenger seat w/arm rest and swap the '07 out? will the '08 fabric pattern match the '07 interior fabric pattern?

So I have been noticing how the front passengers in my '07 5 all have the same complaint...no arm rest. Is there a way to add an arm rest? can i buy an '08 passenger seat w/arm rest and swap the '07 out? will the '08 fabric pattern match the '07 interior fabric pattern?

The Center Console has changed on the 08 to accomidate the armrest of the passenger seat. I assume you can swap seats with no issue but you may have an issue with the console opening or hitting the armrest.

good luck

I have been thinking about building an arm rest out of lite wood to cover the space between the two seats, it seems the arm rest is attached with one larg bolt, any thoughts?

Interesting thought... (eyeballs)

I may need to investigate the options here. Nobody dares to complain in my car, or they know they'll be on foot... :)

But, there must be some way to get the '07 right. I haven't thought of doing anything to mine until the warranty expires... I have a 65 Triumph Spitfire as the hobby car.

This was the first thing I found odd when I got into the car. Even wrote Mazda about it. I was told that the seats did not have the arm rest as the interior was adapted from a right hand drive and it would have interferred with a manual shift.

That made no sense to me as all four corners have handles.

My front passenger doesn't have an arm rest. That would be the driver's seat in Japan.

This was the first thing I found odd when I got into the car. Even wrote Mazda about it. I was told that the seats did not have the arm rest as the interior was adapted from a right hand drive and it would have interferred with a manual shift.

That was also the first thing I noticed.....but my wife does not mind since she actually prefers none.

That is true, and among other things.....

In Japan, Australia, Thailand, and UK where people drive on the wrong side of the road, the drivers sit on the right side-and that also means if they have a stick shift, they have to push "away" to get their car into 1st gear (with their left hand!!), the windshield wipers wipes less on that side, and they have no left-foot footrest that comes natural to left-hand drivers (the wheel-well).

I'll give up the passenger armrest and the "cupholder two inches further away" than live with those inconveniences.

Plus not having to drive on the wrong side of the road.

Back